x

Question about Call in Orders

Hey Y'all.

I have a food truck. I am using Square for restaurants free, and I have the Square Register. We also have a KDS.

When someone phones in an order, is there a way to generate a ticket that will print a ticket for the kitchen and show up on the KDS?  Like some way I can enter the order, and the team can see it in the queue, then I can call it up and collect payment when they show up to pick it up.

I have a decent amount of regulars that pay cash, so that's why I'm asking.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @PapaBear - welcome to the seller community!

You can use Open Tickets in Square Restaurant to save the order and send it to the KDS, then when they come to collect you can tap on it and take the payment as normal (without sending it to the KDS again). 

It'll fire straight off the other KDS so if you want the order ready for a specific time it's worth putting in the time as part of the ticket name (I've made this mistake more than once!). 

Here's a link to the help article on making sure Open Tickets is all turned on and set up ----> LINK

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @PapaBear - welcome to the seller community!

You can use Open Tickets in Square Restaurant to save the order and send it to the KDS, then when they come to collect you can tap on it and take the payment as normal (without sending it to the KDS again). 

It'll fire straight off the other KDS so if you want the order ready for a specific time it's worth putting in the time as part of the ticket name (I've made this mistake more than once!). 

Here's a link to the help article on making sure Open Tickets is all turned on and set up ----> LINK

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Can we send it to a kitchen printer with out using the KDS?  We need to accept phone orders, and as the OP wrote, we need to be able to "send to kitchen" / "fire" the order with out applying a payment until the customer comes to pick  up the order.  

We currently are on Square for Restaurants Plus , we have one Square Register , but that is used solely for in person order input and as a register for the cashier.   We want to have someone taking orders over the phone in a separate office from where the service staff operates on the floor.   

Thanks for any tips 

-
Message 3 of 3