x
Beta Member

Help with transition from print station to profiles

Hi everyone,

We are having issues since changing from print stations to profiles. We have the following devices:

2 x Registers (counter service)

3 x iPads (table orders)

1 x iPad in Square Stand

2 x Terminals

I am having two issues.

Issue 1:

We have five printers, three FOH and two BOH. Before the switch to print profiles, a receipt printed when a payment is processed through any of the registers or the Square stand would only print at the printer next to the device that processed the transaction.

Now however, when we print a receipt from any register or Square stand, the receipts print at all three printers setup to print receipts.

I am at a loss on how to structure the setup of profiles so receipts are not printed too many times.

Issue 2

We are having issues with printing of categories that contain items in two or more categories. 

Example:

"Entree" category is a top level category.
"Hot Station" category is a top level category.

"Item A" is in "Entree" reporting category as well as "Hot Station" category.
"Item B" is only in "Hot Station" category

"Printer 1" is setup to print Entree category

"Printer 2" is setup to print Hot station category

When an order is placed contain Item A and B the following prints: 
"Printer 1" prints "Item A" (as expected)
"Printer 2" prints "Item B" (instead of the expected "Item A" and "Item B")

What I am doing wrong here? This is causing huge issues as our menu categories for reporting reasons so not align with our printer/station setup.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @antonpepes 👋 thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble! 

You can create categories to specify which items to print on the order ticket. I would suggest reviewing and adjusting the print profiles, category associations, and printer configurations. It may be that items are in the incorrect In-person order tickets category. 

On all of your devices: 

1. Tap More.
  2. Tap Settings > Hardware > Printers.
  3. Select your desired printer and tap Order Tickets.
  4. Select either Enter Customer Number or Name or Auto-Assign Ticket Numbers.
  5. Under the ‘Include on Ticket’ section, choose your desired categories to be printed.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest giving our support team a call directly as our team will be able to take a look at these settings with you in real time! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 2