x

How can I separate tip eligibility?

I have my employees eligible for tips for counter service at my bakery but I also do a lot of custom cakes which are invoiced, but if those invoices are paid at the counter during the time that my employees are clocked in do the tips on my custom work get dispersed across the hourly employees?  If so, is there a way to have invoiced services not for into general employee tip eligibility?  As the owner, I’d prefer the tips just go back into the business as I’m not a “paid employee “.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@MrsK The easiest way would be to set up a second location for your invoices i.e.  MRSK is the regular business and MRSK-Catering would be the name of the second location.  When you send invoices from this location, you can control the tips for that specific location manually, or only for whoever you want to "clock in" for that location.

The biggest thing you would have to do is have the invoices be paid on a dedicated tablet or use the invoices app and pay out invoices on that app only.  (you can have the app only logged into the catering location).  This would effectively make it so you have both locations on one tablet/device.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2