x
Beta Member

Team Badges on Register with Reader?

Hi All,

Does anyone know if you can add a contactless reader to Square Register and use that for badges instead of the customer display? Have my register and customer display setup exactly how I want it, and would like my employees to swipe on the employee side of the square register if I use badges.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @tomrcc - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

Supported point-of-sale devices for activating and using Team Member badges include Square Stand, Square Register, and the Square Point of Sale app on a mobile device paired with a Square Reader for contactless and chip. You aren't able to pair a Contactless + Chip Reader with a Square Register but you could use the reader with a Square Stand or a tablet.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

as wondering about this as well so it can only be used with the customer facing screen with the register?  That's not that useful if the screen is out of reach right? @tomrcc is this your case like mine?  I assume the badge just does not work on the MAIN display to tap on it?  That would mean another paid device is needed just to use that feature with the register?  Seems a little feature incomplete... 

Message 3 of 3