x

Square stands at two locations started rebooting at same time

Is there a forced update or something happening?  I have two cafes and both had a similar issue arise at the same time.  Our square stands went black, then try to reboot, light up for a second, go black, then repeat.  

We have the older iPad style stands that seem to be working, but they're not hooked up to our cash drawers or printers, so it's a bit of a pain.  We're actively trying to figure this out and both locations, but it's just odd that it happened at the same time on the same hardware.  

We can't check for updates or anything because they keep cycling on and off.  yes, they're plugged in and our wifi is fine.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Same thing is happening to us right now. We have lost already over $200 because of square. 

Message 2 of 8

samethings. Too much stress

Message 3 of 8

Same for us.  We've had to turn away several customers this morning.

Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

It’s back up now but I had to do old-school ordering (with paper and math to calculate cash) as well as Uber Eats pickup while onsite if they wanted to pay with card.

Customers were flustered but patient with us which makes me REALLY impatient with Square. What part of TESTING EVERYTHING BEFORE DEPLOYING AN UPDATE do the Square engineers not understand? I have had outages too many times during hours and I’m getting really sick of it. It’s even worse that I have to go through 10 menus before getting to someone when calling support. If anything like this happens again, so help me I will look elsewhere for orders and payment processing; even if it’s pricier and requires me to use another payroll company.

Message 5 of 8

Agreed. 100%. 

Message 6 of 8

I've already decided to move away from Square while my company is fairly new and before I become too ingrained.  Unfortunate but they don't seem to want to help with any issues.

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Borealiscoffee

I apologize for my delayed response here. Square did have a disruption yesterday and we were working quickly to resolve the disruption. 

Square was able to resolve this disruption very quickly. We would love for you to stick around with Square, but understand you have to do what is best for your business. 

Message 8 of 8