x

Square Register Can't add items Inside Category

In Square Register, When adding items I can't go into the Category I've created and add items from there. The option is there - +add items to category, but the screen takes me back to to all items.

You can add items then, but that seems counterproductive to have to scroll through all the items to get to the ones I've created.  

Can you not create the items within the category anymore?  

Used to have this feature in square for Ipad, it was easy there.

Also, you can't scan the item and it automatically put in the SKU.  You now have to click on the SKU line, then scan - it doesn't automatically put the sku in when you scan.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

@mikesmeats Waning to make sure I am following. 
You go to your items, got to the category you’d like to add items too. Then hit Assign Items. And there is not a create Item option anymore? 

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 2 of 5

When adding a new item, have to scroll through the categories each time to pick a category.  When go to category then add items, you can’t add a new item there within the category, you can only scroll through items already there.  Makes a lot of scrolling.  In Square iPad, could open the category and add new items within it, without having to select and scroll through categories each time. Was much more efficient.  

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @mikesmeats - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community with your question.

I'm currently reaching out to the Square Register team to see if they can provide more insight on this. I'll report back with what I find out.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there again, @mikesmeats 👋 Thanks so much for your patience here.

The team let me know that a fix rolled out today to address this issue. You may need to check your Square Register for a software update, if you do not already see the change reflected on your end.

Could you let me know if this is working for you? I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Message 5 of 5