x

POS or Retail options...what's the difference?

I have a small tennis retail store and not sure the difference between POS and retail Square packages.   Anyone have a simple break down?   I am a small store selling all tennis gear, but no clothing.   

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Hello @TennisStation thanks for your question. here is a simple chart that compares the differences.  I have been running my retail store for over 4 years now with just the basic POS and it has served me well. I print my own barcodes on my inkjet printer, and use an attached barcode scanner to ring up sales on the Register.

If you like advanced reporting and inventory features, ability to print barcodes directly from the Retail package, you may be just fine with the basic POS. If you have multiple locations and want advanced reports including COGS, you may need the features in the Retail packages. I hope this helps answer your question.

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 2 of 3

Thanks so much.   I would like to use the bar codes on the products from the manufacturer.   We have several varieties of the same items and it helps with inventory.   Do both allow me to use the bar code from the vendor?

Can't thank you enough!!!!!

Message 3 of 3