x

Not able to accept "Other" payments?

For the past 2 weeks we have been unable to process any checks or credit card orders (we use a non-integrated credit card processor). I can tender cash, but when we hit "Other" or "Check" I get a spinning thingie, and then it says there was an issue and it couldn't process it. It is stuck in this mode, until I restart the app.

As a work-around, every transaction now needs to be saved as a saved ticket, then the app needs to be force quit, then re-started, and then the transaction ticket recalled- then it processes normally. This is a horrible way to get through the day! This happens regardless of which device I am using, at multiple locations, so surely this is affecting others?

Support is on week 2 of working on this.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Hey there @Miwero.  It sounds like you’ve followed most of the troubleshooting steps that I would have tried.  But one you didn’t mention came to mind when I read that it works if you force quit and restart the POS app.  Have you tried signing out of the POS app, deleting it from your device and re-installing it?  This almost seems like a ghost in your app’s sandbox that keeps resurrecting itself.  When this happens, and it does happen with apps more than you’d think, the only solution is the nuclear one — delete the app and reinstall it.  When you aren’t distracted by your real work, try that on one workstation and see what happens.  Fingers crossed it works.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 3

All good ideas. I actually wiped the iPad, restored it to new, re-installed (and updated) iOs THEN re-installed a fresh copy of Square, THEN logged back in. Unfortunately with the same result. I also did the same on my other iPad, and it too suffers from this issue. I used my 3rd iPad, which is at my other store/other account (running Square for Retail Plus) and it works fine. This is just an issue with the free version of the basic Square app. Still, this is a feature it is supposed to have- it is designed in, and I actually just watched a square YouTube video about using the app this way! Still waiting to hear from support today.

Message 3 of 3