x

How to tag certain sales throughout the day

Hello,

We are a coffee shop doing a fundraiser for a local school, where 10% of sales from people specifically coming to support the school, get donated to the school.  Now, we will have other sales throughout the day from our regular customers, and the proceeds from those will not get donated.  Is there a way I can tag these certain sales, and pull them up later in a report to see how much donation to give to the school?  Thank you in advance.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @solidhoquiam !

First, great idea for the school fundraiser! I've done very similar fundraisers in the past with great success!

The easiest way to do this is to simply print out the receipts of the school transactions and manually add them up at the end of the day.

The best way with utilizing the technology would probably be to create a customer in the school's name.

Dashboard -> Customer Directory -> Create from the desktop or

More -> Customers -> ... (in the upper right) -> Create New from the point of sale.

Now, whenever a customer comes in that's affiliated with the school, just add the school's name to the ticket via the Add Customer link at the top of the "tape" on the right side of your screen. At the end of the day, you can search the school's name in your Customer Directory and see the total amount of sales that were linked to the school.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3

Thank you so much, Ryan!  I think this will solve the problem.  Thanks again. 

Message 3 of 3