x

Healthcare and PCI/HIPAA Compliance

A representative from a POS company dropped off information about PCI / HIPAA compliance; stating that square, clover and other retail based POS companies are not following correct compliance laws for healthcare businesses.  I read that Square does certified PCI for retail and follow HIPAA guidelines however, is the PCI correct for healthcare businesses? 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@DrWerner ;

This might be a better question for Square support on Monday.  This forum is mostly answered by other Square users and not by Square itself.  We do have a few moderators which make sure users do not break the rules of this forum and try to get questions answered, but this might be over their level too.

My wife is an Insurance Agent, and we can not use Square for this because it goes against Squares Terms of use.   That is all I was told by making a phone call.  Now weather that means that Square is not PCI / HIPAA compliant with the Insurance Industry... I do not know.  All I know is Square will not let me use their service for Insurance related businesses.  

I have POS companies all the time in here saying they can save me over Square for this or that reason.  Found out most sales men lie out right or tell you things about your current POS that they do not KNOW.  

Call Square Support Monday for a clear answer.  Their number is in my signature line below.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Best Answer

@DrWerner ;

This might be a better question for Square support on Monday.  This forum is mostly answered by other Square users and not by Square itself.  We do have a few moderators which make sure users do not break the rules of this forum and try to get questions answered, but this might be over their level too.

My wife is an Insurance Agent, and we can not use Square for this because it goes against Squares Terms of use.   That is all I was told by making a phone call.  Now weather that means that Square is not PCI / HIPAA compliant with the Insurance Industry... I do not know.  All I know is Square will not let me use their service for Insurance related businesses.  

I have POS companies all the time in here saying they can save me over Square for this or that reason.  Found out most sales men lie out right or tell you things about your current POS that they do not KNOW.  

Call Square Support Monday for a clear answer.  Their number is in my signature line below.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your input.  I figured I may need to speak to Square directly.  Have a great weekend!

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

You have yourself a great weekend too!

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 4 of 4