x

Has anyone calculated how much they've potentially lost from tips being calculated AFTER discounts?

Wondering if anyone has done the calculation on how much they've potentially lost in income from the suggested gratuities not being calculated before discounts are applied. I did a one-year calculation and came up with potentially thousands lost and I am a low income single service provider business! I'm afraid to do a longer calculation because it is utterly depressing. I've been asking for a fix to this problem since 2016! If more people start doing the calculation and reporting it, we may get some help! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@lmtmarissa Well, I read your post and I understand why it is frustrating for you.  This is one of those things where I can see both sides of the argument.  Do you tip on the actual total or the gross total.  I think in the restaurant industry you tip on the subtotal before taxes as customary.  I know you should be able to toggle tip "before taxes" which does up the suggested amounts.

I guess the secondary question is why do you feel your product or service needs so many discounts?  I tend to opt to not have as many discounts and price things effectively.  But your industry or product might be different.  I would look at your pricing scenario and see what you can do to compensate in another way.  IT is a double edged sword, and if your tip amount gets too high you might not get as much etc.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2