x
Beta Member

How to skip the 'Press to Confirm' Prompt on Square Register with Automatic Service Charges?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original by a Community Moderator to help with searching threads.

I have a POS register and have tried the base POS and Square for Restaurants. Both versions are giving me the same problem, and I'm not sure if it is normal, but either way I don't like it.

After items are added and I press the "charge" button. The sale is held up until the "press to confirm" button is pressed by the customer.

If I turn off the automatic service charge, then the button is skipped. 

I could have sworn when I first turned on the register that it was not a requirement to have this button pressed. I have had service charge enabled the whole time as I used to for an android/reader setup previously.

Is this normal, as changing settings in the device management makes no difference on the customer display.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out @Boorune, and welcome to the Seller Community! ๐Ÿ‘‹

When using the Square Register, customers are required to tap Press to confirm on the customer display prior to tapping their card. Unfortunately, there is currently no option to disable this feature.

While we acknowledge this adds an extra step to the checkout process, rest assured that our team is actively exploring alternative long-term solutions.

For more information about the Automatic Card Surcharge Beta Program, visit our Support Centre.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out @Boorune, and welcome to the Seller Community! ๐Ÿ‘‹

When using the Square Register, customers are required to tap Press to confirm on the customer display prior to tapping their card. Unfortunately, there is currently no option to disable this feature.

While we acknowledge this adds an extra step to the checkout process, rest assured that our team is actively exploring alternative long-term solutions.

For more information about the Automatic Card Surcharge Beta Program, visit our Support Centre.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

I was served at a store today where the same square register was being used, and It didn't ask me to press 'confirm'. 

I asked if there was a surcharge and they said yes. It shows the surcharge on the receipt. So how can they avoid the confirm button?

Message 3 of 5

Is there a way to turn off the pos asking customers to confirm the merchant fee about makes the serving at the canteen very slow. 

Message 4 of 5

Hi @JT2024 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community๐Ÿ‘‹

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where another Square Seller asked this question in the past. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @Katie_SQ, which has been marked as the Best Answer to this question โœ…

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5