x

square website editor needs to update and won't save my edits

I have been trying and trying to edit my items layout, and all I keep getting is a big red banner on the lower right hand corner that the editor needs an update, that they are working on updates and to reload the page. Well after reloading about 20 times, and still having my edits not save and the page revert to the old style that I did not chose, I am at my witts end! WTH??? I can't find anywhere how to UPDATE THE EDITOR???

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @Kymberwyck sorry to hear that you're having some trouble. 

If you’re using an outdated browser version, some features may not work to your advantage when accessing your website. Please make sure your browser is up-to-date and also clear the cache and cookies. 

Alternatively, ensure that you are using a  supported browser, such as Google Chrome or Safari.

Please let me know if these steps help! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 5

Thank you for the advice. I had done everything, and I do use Chrome and it is up to date. Still nothing, so I contacted support and low and behold, it wasn't me or my network. It is a bug in THEIR editor. So they are working to fix it. They will let me know when it is fixed. 🙂

Message 3 of 5

Has there been an update to this? I'm experiencing this every few minutes. My site is supposed to launch tomorrow but I'm unable to edit my page at all. Very frustrating for a paid service.

Message 4 of 5

No they have not fixed it yet. Supposedly they've got their "engineers" working on this, but I have my doubts as to how good their "engineers" are if it's taking them this long to fix a glitch in their system. Really makes me wonder where they're hiring their IT people from to fix bugs  like this. Any IT guy worth his salt could have had this fixed long before now. And you are right. For a paid for service you would think they would be able to fix a bug faster. I'm sorry this is holding up your launch. I wish you all the best of luck. 

Message 5 of 5