x

Why can't I add simple back button / back to top button on website

Why can't I add simple back button / back to top button on website.

Will

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Hey @was1.  Can you elaborate on the situation where you think you need a back/back to top button?  I’ve seen this question pop up here a few times, and always was able to show the poster that they really did not need what they thought they need.

For example, if you are just wanting a quick way for your site visitors to get back to your home page, the internet standard (that Square already uses) is for them to press on your site logo/home-page icon.  Pretty much everyone who surfs the web knows this trick and uses it all the time.

That’s just one example.  If you can lay out your use case, maybe we can point you in the right direction or give you an alternative to a “back” button, which for most simple web sites is usually just a complication and/or distraction.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 3

Hello TRCA,

Appreciate you reaching out. As briefly as possible this is it;

• Customer clicks on "Products" nav link-
  • they're taken to page displaying all products-
  • they click on one product of those available to choose from-
  • they are taken to another page featuring that particular product-
  • they look at it-
  • decide they want to look another product from previous page-
  • they have to click "Products" nav link or "Shop All" button to get back to page displaying  all available products-

That's it, people will not waste their time trying figure out how to get back to where they were-they'll just close the browser and move on to another site.

Message 3 of 3