x

Request for Digital Item Auto-delivery

Square Online Store Devs: please, please, please make digital item delivery automatic and  immediate rather than requiring store managers to manually email digital items to customers!!! You guys are way behind other e-commerce platforms in this respect. Thank you!

Message 1 of 19
3 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out, @cooperkate 😊

We do not have any updates to provide at this time, but I do appreciate you taking the time to check in with this request. We will make sure to post an update to these threads once we have more information to share. 

Please don't hesitate to post more feedback, or questions, and Welcome to the Seller Community! 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 19
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi you guys for everyone that is asking about AUTOMATIC DIGITAL DELIVERY I figured out how to do it....i see that everyone had the same question as i did sooooooo i went digging and looking to see how to do it. I found out on my tablet it can be done. YES SQUARE OFFERS DIGITAL DELIVERY AFTER CHECKOUT!!!!

STEPS TO FOLLOW

1. On a COMPUTER OR TABLET or THRU SQUARE APP sign-in to your account.

2.Click the 3 lines next to HOME(top left).

3. Scroll Down til you see PAYMENTS.

4. SELECT PAYMENT LINKS.

5. If you see your item show up, click on desired item needing link.

6. Scroll DETAILS

7. CLICK EDIT.

8. In CHECKOUT. Create how you want to send link to customers.

9. To the left of your screen you should see CONFIRMATION.

10. Click the REDIRECT TO A WEBSITE AFTER CHECKOUT

10. ENTER YOUR LINK

11. CLICK SAVE.

I Really Hate the fact that it has taken this long for someone to figure it out. Thank yawl. I will be Adding steps on how to create a link

View Best Answer >

Message 18 of 19
Partner

Best Answer

Hey there! @amyrosner @Bugg @freezedriedfood @DLG2 @glandsberg @cooperkate @iosonoisaac @whitecoatdreame 

I know this thread is a little old, but I noticed your frustration with manual digital item delivery on Square and I think I might have a solution that could really streamline your process. SendOwl has recently launched an app in the Square marketplace that automates digital delivery. It's designed specifically for scenarios just like yours and could save you a ton of time and hassle.

With SendOwl, when a customer buys a digital product, the delivery is instant and secure—no manual steps required. It's all about making e-commerce easier, so you can focus more on creating and less on admin. Check it out, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Happy selling!

-Matt

View Best Answer >

Message 19 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Alumni

Thanks for sharing your ideas! @amyrosner Hope to hear more from your 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 19

Has there been any change to this topic of Square providing auto-delivery of digital items after a customer purchases?

Message 3 of 19

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out, @cooperkate 😊

We do not have any updates to provide at this time, but I do appreciate you taking the time to check in with this request. We will make sure to post an update to these threads once we have more information to share. 

Please don't hesitate to post more feedback, or questions, and Welcome to the Seller Community! 

Message 4 of 19

So this question is over one year old, and I can confirm there is absolutely no movement on Square's side to selling digital products in a way where the purchaser receives the product automatically via email

Message 5 of 19
Beta Member

I am following your question. I agree - it's been a year and need this. I have an entire other business on another platform due to this feature being non-existent. 

Message 6 of 19
Beta Member

+1 for this... People have been requesting this for too long...

Message 7 of 19

Hello everyone. After surfing the web, speaking with customer support, etc etc. I have seen that I am not the only one with this request. There are many clients, myself included, that are seeking a digital sales option that would enable automatic distribution of a digital copy to customers. That way we do not have to spend time manually sending them after each purchase.

But these requests go back years now, and still the same response, "hopefully we can get this feature soon for you all." It never happens. We dont need you to code this in, there are apps that do this (Sell Digital Downloads app by Payhip). Unfortunately its not compatible with square websites tho.

Will something ever be done?

Message 8 of 19

Hi @whitecoatdreame - Firstly, welcome to the Seller Community! 👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have requested auto-delivery for digital online items. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future.

For now, please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @BernadetteA, which has been marked as the Best Answer. Additionally, I have reached out to the Square Online Store Product Team to see if they are able to provide any further insight for us.

I'll be sure to reach out to you again here once I hear back from their team. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Message 9 of 19

HI @whitecoatdreame,

Thank you so much for your patience! Following for up @_Violet .

Our Square Online Team has confirmed that this is still feature request right now. We have no ETA on when it would be released. 

I certainly understand how frustrating it is to keep asking for something and not feeling like your voice is being heard. That is not at all how we want our sellers to feel. 

We field thousands of feature requests each week here on the Seller Community, and bringing these features to fruition often takes an ample amount of time and effort from our engineers. We want to ensure that our releases are not just surface level products, but the best all-around resources to help you grow your business.

We understand that it might be difficult waiting for something to be built out, but our engineers are working on various different requests brought up by our sellers, and working with Apple, Google, and our other partners in order to approve these changes and be able to push them out in future updates.

We appreciate you providing your feedback on this feature request. Please reach out if you need anything else. 

Message 10 of 19

Thank you for doing absolutely nothing in the last year to do anything about this feature request

Message 11 of 19
Beta Member

If Square could just hook up to BookFunnel, then digital books and audio books could be delivered automatically. Why don't you see if that's possible. I know a slew of authors who would rush to  your site to do this if you did!

Message 12 of 19

After reading several different topics I am starting to wonder where Square's priorities are. This is such a simple one and companies have been doing it for years. What is the hold up? Seriously.

Message 13 of 19
Square Champion

we have so many digital offerings - this type of automation would lead us to push out more.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 14 of 19
Beta Member

I put my eBooks on Payhip and provide a link with my paperbacks to check out on Payhip. Payhip allows delivery or they use BookFunnel delivery. I could just move everything from Square except I like being able to separate my paperbacks and eBooks anyway, so I like this arrangement.

Message 15 of 19

Thanks for this suggestion, I will look into it.

But how so you display the e-books on Square? I'm not sure if I follow

Message 16 of 19
Beta Member

Square allows multiple images on your product page. I put the first largest image as a paperback. Then I upload the digital book image (and the audio book cover if I have one).  These images you see on your product page. Then I put "To purchase the eBook click here) first line in the description with a link to Payhip. Payhip is free.

Message 17 of 19
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi you guys for everyone that is asking about AUTOMATIC DIGITAL DELIVERY I figured out how to do it....i see that everyone had the same question as i did sooooooo i went digging and looking to see how to do it. I found out on my tablet it can be done. YES SQUARE OFFERS DIGITAL DELIVERY AFTER CHECKOUT!!!!

STEPS TO FOLLOW

1. On a COMPUTER OR TABLET or THRU SQUARE APP sign-in to your account.

2.Click the 3 lines next to HOME(top left).

3. Scroll Down til you see PAYMENTS.

4. SELECT PAYMENT LINKS.

5. If you see your item show up, click on desired item needing link.

6. Scroll DETAILS

7. CLICK EDIT.

8. In CHECKOUT. Create how you want to send link to customers.

9. To the left of your screen you should see CONFIRMATION.

10. Click the REDIRECT TO A WEBSITE AFTER CHECKOUT

10. ENTER YOUR LINK

11. CLICK SAVE.

I Really Hate the fact that it has taken this long for someone to figure it out. Thank yawl. I will be Adding steps on how to create a link

Message 18 of 19
Partner

Best Answer

Hey there! @amyrosner @Bugg @freezedriedfood @DLG2 @glandsberg @cooperkate @iosonoisaac @whitecoatdreame 

I know this thread is a little old, but I noticed your frustration with manual digital item delivery on Square and I think I might have a solution that could really streamline your process. SendOwl has recently launched an app in the Square marketplace that automates digital delivery. It's designed specifically for scenarios just like yours and could save you a ton of time and hassle.

With SendOwl, when a customer buys a digital product, the delivery is instant and secure—no manual steps required. It's all about making e-commerce easier, so you can focus more on creating and less on admin. Check it out, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Happy selling!

-Matt

Message 19 of 19