x

Low Website Performance Score

Hello, I have created a website through Square Online. After launching the website, and running Google Lighthouse, the performance score turned out to be 0 compared to other websites:Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 2.38.04 PM.png

Is there anything I can do to improve the performance of the website? Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

How long has our website been active.  It takes a few weeks to a couple of months for you to gain organic traction through Google.  Google sends out bots that crawl your website...usually once a week.  If everything is the same then it shows your website as dormant...try adding a blog to your website.  Post one new post a week with back links to other areas of your website or social media page.  A blog on your website is a great way to rank better on Google...thus giving you a better score.

Look through the forums because I'm sure there's plenty of places were a group discussion was held on improving websites 🙂

Message 2 of 3

This is actually about the performance of loading the website - https://developer.chrome.com/docs/lighthouse/performance/performance-scoring/?utm_source=lighthouse&...

I'm not sure if sellers can do anything about it. The Square engineering team could probably look into optimizing the performance of loading websites.

Message 3 of 3