x

Ive setup a service charge but its not adding it to online orders

I've been wanting to setup my site so that I can charge a fee to cover what square takes out.

I set it all up on the square service fee but when I test it and start a checkout its not adding the fee its only adding taxes.

SmolBean_0-1716500043675.pngSmolBean_1-1716500069645.png

SmolBean_3-1716500110783.png

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @SmolBean !

The only way I'm aware for Square Online to automatically add service charges is when you have a delivery order.

However, I strongly urge you to reconsider putting a service fee for your credit card fees on your Square account. This is expressly forbidden in the Terms and Conditions and can lead to Square cancelling your account.

The big credit card companies have made it clear that service fees cannot be used on debit cards. Since Square currently has no way to differentiate between credit and debit cards, it was best to not allow service fees at all.

I recommend upping your pricing by 3-4% to cover the fees, and for in store cash customers you can offer a cash discount. That's perfectly fine.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @SmolBean !

The only way I'm aware for Square Online to automatically add service charges is when you have a delivery order.

However, I strongly urge you to reconsider putting a service fee for your credit card fees on your Square account. This is expressly forbidden in the Terms and Conditions and can lead to Square cancelling your account.

The big credit card companies have made it clear that service fees cannot be used on debit cards. Since Square currently has no way to differentiate between credit and debit cards, it was best to not allow service fees at all.

I recommend upping your pricing by 3-4% to cover the fees, and for in store cash customers you can offer a cash discount. That's perfectly fine.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2