x

In-person Event Ticketing

I host in-person candle making events and am looking for the best way to gather attendee information at time of checkout. I'd love for the transaction to fully take place on my website and have previously used event ticketing Square offers.

What I am missing is the ability to collect attendee info if folks are purchasing more than one ticket and a place for folks to say who they would like to sit by if they are purchasing their tickets individually. Previously I've asked folks put info in the comments box...which some do and some don't.

Is there an app integration that is recommended specifically for ticketing / events? Or is there a way to require a form be completed at the time of checkout? If the latter, is it possible for the form to only be required specifically for events and not physical product purchases on my site?

Also ... a nice to have would be an easy report to pull of all registrants that I can use for checking folks in the night of the event. 

Thoughts? TIA!

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Suggest checking out some of the Ticket and Event Apps that can work with Square.  Since you have some unique requirements, I'm not sure if there's one 3rd party solution that has everything you need.  You may also find Jotform interesting as you can also use it with Square and customize the type and amount of info you need - many people use this App and have come up with their own custom solutions for their business needs.   As for Square's Reports, if there's not a canned Report that meets your needs, we've discovered that exporting a Report to a CSV file works better as the canned Reports don't display all of the Fields that you get in an exported CSV Report.  For example exporting the Transaction Report will give you more Fields than just running the Report straight from your Account Dashboard.  Once we have the data, it's easy to use Excel to manage the data.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Best Answer

Suggest checking out some of the Ticket and Event Apps that can work with Square.  Since you have some unique requirements, I'm not sure if there's one 3rd party solution that has everything you need.  You may also find Jotform interesting as you can also use it with Square and customize the type and amount of info you need - many people use this App and have come up with their own custom solutions for their business needs.   As for Square's Reports, if there's not a canned Report that meets your needs, we've discovered that exporting a Report to a CSV file works better as the canned Reports don't display all of the Fields that you get in an exported CSV Report.  For example exporting the Transaction Report will give you more Fields than just running the Report straight from your Account Dashboard.  Once we have the data, it's easy to use Excel to manage the data.

Message 2 of 2