x

I deleted an image from our blog but it still appears in Google search

I deleted an image from our blog but it still appears in Google search. How can I make google crawl my site faster so it drops from the search?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @ACCPROJ.  You can request that Google’s bots crawl your updated site, but there is no guarantee when they will get around to it.  Usually, it takes a few weeks unless you are a heavily trafficked web site.  Here’s one link to an article that explains how to do this.  There are others if you want to do a Google search on the subject.

Word of warning.  While the image might not be shown any longer on Google’s products, that does not guarantee that it won’t hang around forever.  The internet never forgets, really.  Deleted content is just harder to find, not impossible to find.

Best,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @ACCPROJ.  You can request that Google’s bots crawl your updated site, but there is no guarantee when they will get around to it.  Usually, it takes a few weeks unless you are a heavily trafficked web site.  Here’s one link to an article that explains how to do this.  There are others if you want to do a Google search on the subject.

Word of warning.  While the image might not be shown any longer on Google’s products, that does not guarantee that it won’t hang around forever.  The internet never forgets, really.  Deleted content is just harder to find, not impossible to find.

Best,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2