x

How to change my domain name?

I made a mistake in setting up my domain name.  I need to make a simple change to correct.  How do I do this?

Message 1 of 37
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @imagecreate 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

You can edit settings regarding your domain directly from the Online Store tab in your Online Dashboard! Navigate by doing the following:

• Login to the Online Dashboard
  • Select Online Store
  • From the Weebly Dashboard, select Website
  • > Site Preferences
  • Select Customize Site Address

Your settings for your domain or purchased domain should be accessible from this page. We would love to clarify more specifically for you if possible. What specifically are you looking to alter in regards to your domain? We are here to help! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 37

Best Answer

Hey there, @frozenexposure -

Thank you for reaching out about needing a small edit to your domain. I am going to suggest reaching out to our CS Team directly, so they can assist you with getting this fixed & help you avoid the additional charge. 

We have limited capabilities within the Seller Community, so our CS Team would be able to jump in on this for you. 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport

Thank you! 

Kassi

View Best Answer >

Message 25 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

there is no "online store" tab.

Message 22 of 37

Hi there, @stevenleto!

You may have an updated version of the Dashboard where the navigation menu looks slightly different.

I've included a screenshot below of how you can navigate to your Square Online settings page: Ecommerce > Online

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 23 of 37

I have misspelled my domain name and would like to just change it. But in doing so it looks like I have to pay another 20 dollars. Cant I just change the domain name without having to pay all over again? 

Message 24 of 37

Best Answer

Hey there, @frozenexposure -

Thank you for reaching out about needing a small edit to your domain. I am going to suggest reaching out to our CS Team directly, so they can assist you with getting this fixed & help you avoid the additional charge. 

We have limited capabilities within the Seller Community, so our CS Team would be able to jump in on this for you. 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 25 of 37

I purchased a domain name today from another company but decided against it. I came to Square and purchased one here but I need to change it or should I say add a character. Is that possible or do I need to cancel it and redo now that the original one with the other company is vacant?

Message 26 of 37

Hey @TabathaL,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller asked how to change/edit the domain name.

Check out @Joe_'s answer for full details. 

Ashley C
Message 27 of 37

I purchased my domain from Square...how do I add it to my website in Square?

Message 28 of 37

Hey @holbyone32,

I moved your post to an existing thread that shows you where to find your domain settings.

You can also check out this Support Center article as well for full details.

In the future- don't hesitate to search on the Community or our Support Center for your quickest answer on general questions!

Ashley C
Message 29 of 37

I just purchased a domain and made a spelling error. Should have said "SYOTOS". I can't figure out how to change it. If you could help asap that'd be great. Thank you

Message 30 of 37

Heya @AlexisRivera and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread that answers how to edit your domain name.

Keep in the mind the Seller Community is intended for seller to seller conversations so you may not get replies here ASAP as mentioned. It's best to search your question first to get your quickest answer as there's typically an existing thread for most inquiries!

Ashley C
Message 31 of 37

So what is the answer to her question 

Message 32 of 37

please tell me how I can change my cash app tag?

Message 33 of 37

Hi @Gegefoxy1,

We don't assist with Cash App here. This is the Seller Community for Point of Sale only.

Ashley C
Message 34 of 37

Changed my URL from hippierecordstore.com to Nashville music liquidators.com. It's been a week and not neither url is working. 

Message 35 of 37

Thanks for reaching out, @martytitus and Welcome to the Seller Community 😊

It looks like www.hippierecordstore.com is pointing to the Square Online servers, but you do not have either domain connected to a website.

I moved your post over to this thread so you can checkout Joe's best answer on how to change the site address. 

The second domain, nashvillemusicliquidators.com, appears to be missing DNS information. You will need to log into your third party domain manager and edit the DNS to point to your Square site using these instructions.

Message 36 of 37

thanks.. bought through square/ weebly but they charged my credit card 4 times and the domain is still up for sell. Customer Service Impossible To Contact. Worst Company I ever Dealt With.

Message 37 of 37