x

How can I hide an item from being visible in the Online Store?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Creating an invoice for wholesale pricing without the price showing up in On-line store? 

In creating an invoice for our wholesale account: I used a variable under each item. Thought , things were great ...No 

** We use Weebly/square  for our on-line store .....

The variable wholesale priced showed up in the on-line store ...): 

So, went back and deleted the variable with the wholesale price on each item..

Question: Best way to create a Price for an wholesale item ???

Without it showing up in the on-line store ....

Any direction or help appreciated...Kim  

Message 1 of 41
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Each item created in Dashboard will transfer to your site if Square Sync is enabled in the Online Store settings. However, hide the wholesale item from being visible on your site by going to Item Library > select item to edit> and set it to Hidden.

@KGN

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 41
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @SugarMagnolia,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community.

I ran a test on my own Online Store and I too did not seem to find a way to hide an entire item category.

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and will be sure to escalate this finding to the appropriate parties. If anything changes, we will be sure to let you know. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Alumni

Best Answer

Each item created in Dashboard will transfer to your site if Square Sync is enabled in the Online Store settings. However, hide the wholesale item from being visible on your site by going to Item Library > select item to edit> and set it to Hidden.

@KGN

Justin
Message 2 of 41

JustinC , 

I couldn't find answer anywhere. 

Appreciate the help .

Thanks so much..

KGN

Message 3 of 41
Square Community Moderator

Justin is the best! Let us know if anything else comes up, @KGN!

Joe
Message 4 of 41

Hiding items is helpful, but is there a way to hide a whole category, without disrupting the items and the way they are set up? 

For example, we offer brunch to-go only on the weekend, and only during certain hours. Currently, we have to set it up for Saturday morning, delete it Saturday mid-afternoon, set it up again Sunday morning, and delete it again Sunday afternoon ... and hope we get all of the items in all of the categories and all of the modifiers entered in properly. It's quite cumbersome. 

Add to that, when we offer brunch, we do not offer other menu items, like lunch or dinner, so we have to delete/re-enter those categories, as well ... every.single.weekend. 

Message 5 of 41
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @SugarMagnolia,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community.

I ran a test on my own Online Store and I too did not seem to find a way to hide an entire item category.

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and will be sure to escalate this finding to the appropriate parties. If anything changes, we will be sure to let you know. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 41

I am just now moving my webstore to Square, and could use a hide category option until I can get everything ready.  I also could use a mass-price-set so I don't have to go through every single item.

Message 7 of 41
Alumni

I agree, those features would definitely shave down time when editing your site. Tagging your post so our Product Team sees the increasing need for this. 

Be sure to subscribe to this thread! 

@KC-Art 

Justin
Message 8 of 41
Beta Member

Is there a way to have our weebly/square site automatically hide out of stock items rather than having to manually search products 1 by 1 and hide them separately? It’s a huge hassle & time consuming to manually search and “hide” each product as it goes out of stock, then have to go “unhide” it if it’s restocked. There has to be a more efficient & easier way.

Message 9 of 41
Alumni

@GHFamBoutique

I agree, a feature that automatically hides items when they're out of stock is faster and way less cumbersome when managing your inventory, but I'm afraid there is no other way than manually hiding them. 

A faster way might be selecting the check box next to each item in your Item Library list, then hit the three dots in the top right corner > Mark as Hidden. That way you don't have to click each item to edit. 

Justin
Message 10 of 41

Is there a way to batch edit all items such that sold out items do not appear?

Message 11 of 41

I selected my item, in item library and there is no where I can find to set it to "hidden."
Message 12 of 41
Admin

You will need to do this on the Online Store dashboard vs. the Square Dashboard. To get there from the Square Dashboard click Online > Items > Item Library > Find the item you need > Mark it as hidden. 

AshleyK
Message 13 of 41
Beta Member

I noticed that my items with price points for invoicing are showing up on my online store.  Is there any way to hide the prices that I wish not to be seen on my online location?

Message 14 of 41

Hello Justin! I'm wondering if there's any way to delete a variation of an item in my online store without removing it from my square catalog completely? We've got some variations that we've kept around for specific customers that we don't want order-able generally.

I'm also wondering if there is any way to make modifiers mutually exclusive. For example, we have hot drinks available in 12, 16, and 20oz sizes, but iced drinks are only available in 16 and 20oz. I'd like to make sure folks aren't ordering 12oz iced drinks.

Message 15 of 41
Alumni

While a whole item can be hidden from your site, an item variation can't be. You'll need to convert them into individual items to hide. 

On the other hand, modifiers can be hidden for your iced drinks while being available for your hot drinks. From the Online Store Dashboard, click on an iced drink to edit and scroll to the modifier section.

Click the gear to the right of the modifier:

Then select Hide next to 12 oz:

I hope this helps! @TheCoffeeHag

Justin
Message 16 of 41
Beta Member

Thanks JustinC!  However, am I able to hide the modifier from all items its assigned to, or do I have to do that one by one?  Will that change be global, or will it only apply to the item you are editing?

I think modifiers in Square need a little work.  Specifically, I hate that you can't make all the necessary changes to a modifier from the Modifiers section in the Item Library.  Why do I have to go to a specific item if I want to set a no minimum but a maximum number of choices, or if I want to make a modifier required, but not be limited to one choice?  And then even after you go and do that at the item level, you can't then apply the configuration to all items that already have that modifier, you actually have to go one by one and tick every single item.  Please fix this.

Message 17 of 41
Alumni

@HappyValleyFarm I understand your point and see how you're using modifiers uniquely for your biz. I'm afraid the Square Online system isn't intended to function that way because modifiers don't track inventory (think of a burger joint with modifiers like temp: medium rare or no pickles). For now, you'll need to manually hide the modifier even if the actual item is out of stock. 

@manousheh403 modifier will be hidden for that one item. The change will not be global. 

Justin
Message 18 of 41
Beta Member

Exactly, so this is super inconvenient as a way to manage modifiers.  When you go to Items > Modifiers, you should be able to make all the changes you want there, and you should be able to apply it to items from there.  When a change is made to the modifier, you should ask if we want to propagate those changes to all existing items that have the modifier already, or if we want to make that change to a specific item. 

I'm surprised Squares modifiers are so primitive.

Message 19 of 41
Alumni

@manousheh403 gotcha, I understand your need for modifiers to behave that way. For now, I'll surface your suggestions to our Square Online Team. Hopefully this change will be implemented down the pipeline. 

Justin
Message 20 of 41
Beta Member

Thanks, that was the purpose of my original post as a feature request. Just would like to be able to say whether it's required or not, and how many people can select (min,max). I don't get why we have to do that from the item level. The modifier page should be the home of all modifier attributes. Right now we have different attributes that we can modify based on whether we are at the modifier level, item level, or online level.

Message 21 of 41