x

Can I change ownership to the actual Business Owner?

I recently set up a Square account for a friend for her company to help out. She is the owner and only "Employee" of her LLC. So I set up the account under my name just to get it done and was thinking I could just change it to her info later. During the account activation it asked about Beneficial Ownership, where I selected myself as "none of these" and her as Executive Manager and Business Owner. But for some reason that info is not anywhere on my account dashboard and I don't have the option to change the business owner. 

I don't want my taxes or anything to be impact when she starts selling, because the account is somehow attached to my SSN. I have no relation to the company except I was helping out.

Is there a way to change this?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

You may want to consider deleting the Account you setup, wait a few days and then start over - have your friend sit with you if necessary so you have all of the correct information.   Just a thought to keep in mind, it is possible that details like an SSN or EIN and Business Bank Account may affect setting up the new account as they were used for the account you setup.  If that happens then your option is to contact Customer Support and explain everything to them.   Most people here are small business owners who volunteer to help out however, we are not the same as Customer or Tech Support - both departments have the ability to look at user account info, we cannot.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Best Answer

You may want to consider deleting the Account you setup, wait a few days and then start over - have your friend sit with you if necessary so you have all of the correct information.   Just a thought to keep in mind, it is possible that details like an SSN or EIN and Business Bank Account may affect setting up the new account as they were used for the account you setup.  If that happens then your option is to contact Customer Support and explain everything to them.   Most people here are small business owners who volunteer to help out however, we are not the same as Customer or Tech Support - both departments have the ability to look at user account info, we cannot.

Message 2 of 2