x

CLIENT CREDIT CARD DIGITS

How do we access the encrypted credit card information If we need access to the full credit card number?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @denapaolino

You will not be able to access the full credit card information for the customer, only the last 4 digits. 

Is there a particular reason you would need that information? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Yes there is a need to access the entire card number when the customer walks out without paying their

entire bill. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @monty505 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community.

Unfortunately, this request would go against our Privacy Policy. Square prohibits the storage of card numbers, magnetic-stripe data, and security codes on Square Seller devices.

If there’s a profile for the customer in your directory, you’re able to reach out by sending them a Direct Message right from your online Square Dashboard.

If you sent them an SMS receipt, we can try to reach out to them on your behalf and request that they contact you. If you didn’t send an email receipt and don’t have the cardholder’s contact information, you may have to wait for your customer to contact you.

If you’d like to make sure you can always contact a customer, we recommend emailing them a receipt, adding their contact information to their customer profile during a sale, or using our Email Collection Tools.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4