x

Bulk View or Filter for Items where "Where Its Sold" is Disabled

On the Square POS side, one can [somewhat] relatively easily export the configuration of all items using the catalogue export function however this export does not include all fields/values.

Using the POS UI, I have found that an unknown number of my items have nothing selected for "Where Its Sold", therefore do not appear online (or are even visible in the Online platform configurations".

Is there any way to see this field in bulk for all of my items?

No filters in the item list options seem to apply for this case.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @lennys26,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this! We'd like to take a closer look at this for you. Are you able to attach a screen recording or screenshot of the area that is giving you trouble, and exactly what steps you are taking?

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Ellie_. I will try to explain a bit further although since it is something that does NOT show up, it is hard to provide a screenshot...anyhow, I do not have permission to upload images, it seems.

Unlike the Online platform UI (Online -> Items -> Sale Items), where the user can run a search, make a selection of multiple items and then make a "bulk edit" to 'Update Visibility', this same functionality does not exist in the Square UI.

Lets say that I have an item called Soda. Under the item configuration in the POS UI and the section "Where it’s sold" the site is activated, and the "visibility" is marked as "Visible".

--> Although I can search for this using the filters on the items list, there is no 'Bulk Edit' for this option and this field is NOT visible in the XLS export of the items. This means that there is not any way to bulk change all items that are not correctly set (which appears to happen often based on whether the item is added from the website via PC or on the Square Register itself. Adding items via the register automatically makes the items UNAVAILABLE for some reason, but that is another issue).

How can one make a bulk actions to make things 'visible'?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @lennys26 - Thanks for following up with that explanation.

It sounds like you want to be able to bulk edit your item visibility from the Square Dashboard, instead of from the Square Online Dashboard. Is that correct? 

It sounds like you have created some items in your library directly from your Square Point of Sale. Items created on Square Dashboard or Square Point of Sale won't appear on your website or Square Online Dashboard, unless you've indicated that you'd like them to also appear on your website. This is why items created on the Point of Sale are not appearing on your website, immediately upon creation.

This Support Article lists out what can be edited from the Square Item Library Dashboard in bulk. Anything yound this would be considered a feature request. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

I hope this information is helpful and that I've understood your request correctly, but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4