x

Accidentally deleted Home Page

I accidentally deleted the incorrect page on my website and need to recover it as it was my Home page. How can it be recovered?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there @Lilrosa23 - Thanks for reaching out to the Seller Community. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to your site 😞

I reached out to the Square Online Store Support Team to get an answer to this. Here's what they let me know:

"We can sometimes restore deleted pages but only if the whole page is deleted. We can't restore deleted content. For example, if the Seller deleted every section on their homepage, that's just deleting content vs deleting the actual page. We can't restore the content/text that may have been erased."

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

cc: @TheRealChipA 

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hi @Lilrosa23.  The Square Help documentation indicates that deletion is permanent and deleted pages can’t be recovered.  However that doesn’t mean that there isn’t some undocumented, super secret way that Square engineers can do so in extraordinary circumstances.  So, I’m going to tag a few Square moderators to verify what I just said.  I hope I’m wrong!  @_Violet @MayaP @RobynR @JJ_ @Summer2024 

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4

Thank you! I did a search in this community forum and others were in the same predicament, latest one I think was in 2023 and they were able to get it restored. So hoping it's still the case 🤞🤞🤞

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there @Lilrosa23 - Thanks for reaching out to the Seller Community. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to your site 😞

I reached out to the Square Online Store Support Team to get an answer to this. Here's what they let me know:

"We can sometimes restore deleted pages but only if the whole page is deleted. We can't restore deleted content. For example, if the Seller deleted every section on their homepage, that's just deleting content vs deleting the actual page. We can't restore the content/text that may have been erased."

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

cc: @TheRealChipA 

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4