x

Why do my devices say my store is not set up when it is?

I have set up an online store and have been trading with it for weeks now. It was set up using my Mac laptop. We only trade for a small number of very specific hours during the week. The store must not be accepting orders outside of these times.

When we are selling, we want to use our iPhones to review online orders coming in and use the Square POS for customers who come to our counter. However, any time i go to โ€œOnlineโ€ via my iPhone or iPad and tap โ€œnot accepting ordersโ€ (with the intention of changing it to โ€œaccepting ordersโ€) a message comes up saying โ€œ! Complete Set up. You must complete your site setup first. Would you like to do it now?โ€. If I click โ€œContinueโ€ it says โ€œSetup Completed - Youโ€™re now accepting payment on your online site!โ€. There is nothing for me to select on that page, so if I close out of it I am back to the page that says that we are not accepting orders. What is going on here? It also happens on my iPad. It seems that even though i am using the same account across all three devices, it's only when i use my laptop that the site seems to acknowledge that everything is set up.

Is there a step i am likely to have missed? Or is there a known reason why my phone and ipad say that i haven't finished setting the set up?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Newcomer ๐Ÿ‘‹,

Thank you for your patience and for bringing this to our attention. 

To clarify, are you saying the "Complete setup" prompt appears when accessing the Online Dashboard through a browser on your iPad and iPhone using the same login credentials as on your Mac laptop?

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for responding. Not quite. On my iPhone and iPad I use the Square app, not a browser. In the app, I go to More>Online and on the Online page I see the following things in order from top of page to bottom:

* "Not accepting orders"

* The name of our business and a graphic of the site (which if I click on it will take me to our live site).

* An option to "Edit site"

* An option to "Preview site".

If I tap on "Not accepting orders" the "Complete setup" notice appears. If i click 'continue' to try to complete set up, the next page says "Set up completed". 

In the app I am logged in using the same credentials as when i am using a browser on my Mac Laptop.

Message 3 of 3