x

When a customer wants to make an online purchase from the site, would it be possible to charge the c

When a customer wants to make an online purchase from the site, would it be possible to charge the customer a 2.2% commission, similar to the 1.6% fee we currently charge in person?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there @benyamin ๐Ÿ‘‹,

Welcome to the Seller Community! I see you've also joined the Beta Seller Community, which is awesome! It's a fantastic way to connect with our team and get a sneak peek at new features before they go live.

It sounds like you're looking to add a surcharge to your Square Online sales to cover the card processing fee - did I get that right? Right now, we donโ€™t have a way to apply surcharges or sales taxes directly to Square Online sales. The best long-term workaround is to factor those fees into your pricing. Itโ€™s not the most elegant solution, but Iโ€™ve seen some Sellers create separate item sets (one for in-person and one for online) for this very reason. Alternatively, if the surcharge is only required for a public holiday period, we recommend temporarily increasing the price of your items for the duration of the surcharge.

If you have any other questions about this, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there @benyamin ๐Ÿ‘‹,

Welcome to the Seller Community! I see you've also joined the Beta Seller Community, which is awesome! It's a fantastic way to connect with our team and get a sneak peek at new features before they go live.

It sounds like you're looking to add a surcharge to your Square Online sales to cover the card processing fee - did I get that right? Right now, we donโ€™t have a way to apply surcharges or sales taxes directly to Square Online sales. The best long-term workaround is to factor those fees into your pricing. Itโ€™s not the most elegant solution, but Iโ€™ve seen some Sellers create separate item sets (one for in-person and one for online) for this very reason. Alternatively, if the surcharge is only required for a public holiday period, we recommend temporarily increasing the price of your items for the duration of the surcharge.

If you have any other questions about this, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2