x

Google Conversion Tag in checkout

There is no ability to add the Google Conversion Tag within the checkout screen - I have confirmed with a member of Square Online staff and this is not a feature that is possible. 

Basically this means that i can not run Google Shopping Ads and have a Square online website. 

Unless this is fixed by Square Online I will have to completely start a new website with a new provider such as Shopify or Wix. This is extremely annoying and disappointing. 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for following up on this, @AmbrosianPantry.

While this type of functionality isn’t available right now, we’d love it if you’d submit a Feature Request on our Ideate Board. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the board to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

In the meantime, I recommend checking out this Support Center article, which outlines other options for adding custom tracking code to your Square Online website, which might be beneficial to you.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @TakaGrips,

Thank you for writing in and highlighting this feature request. I understand your frustration not having this feature available for Square Online at the moment.

While I know it's not the response you're looking for, our product teams and engineers monitor our Seller Community for feedback and feature requests very often. I certainly hope that we'll be able to offer more customisation for Square Online sites in the future, but I wouldn't be able guarantee if, or when this would be available and understand you need to do what's best for your business in the meantime. 

Message 2 of 4

Has this been added? It has been 3.5 years and this is an extremely necessary feature for running an e-commerce site...

Message 3 of 4

Best Answer

Thanks for following up on this, @AmbrosianPantry.

While this type of functionality isn’t available right now, we’d love it if you’d submit a Feature Request on our Ideate Board. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the board to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

In the meantime, I recommend checking out this Support Center article, which outlines other options for adding custom tracking code to your Square Online website, which might be beneficial to you.

Message 4 of 4