x
Beta Member

Turning off Sales Tax

In the Invoices App I can turn off Sales Tax for the entire invoice easily. Why is it that on the Dashboard in my web browser I have to turn off sales-tax on the item level and not for the entire invoice at once?

I often have to enter in 10+ line items and it can be time consuming. Not the end of the world, but it's interesting that the process is different between two different Square Products (Invoice App, and web browser Dashboard).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Hi there!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I can see how the difference in handling sales tax between the Invoices App and the web browser dashboard can be frustrating, especially when dealing with multiple line items.

Currently, the functionality for managing sales tax varies between the two platforms due to their different design and intended use. The Invoices App allows for easier bulk management, whereas the web dashboard is more item-focused, which is why you have to adjust sales tax at the item level.

While it's not the most efficient process for larger invoices, here are a couple of suggestions to help streamline your workflow:

1. Create Service Items with Pre-Configured Tax Rates:

• If you frequently invoice similar services, consider creating service items with predefined tax settings. This can save you time since you won’t have to adjust the tax for each item manually.
  2. Provide Feedback to Square:

• I encourage you to share your feedback with Square directly. They often take user suggestions into account for future updates, and having a feature to toggle sales tax for the entire invoice in the dashboard would definitely be helpful.

I hope this helps clarify the situation! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Message 2 of 2