x

Large card payment of invoice

We have a $750.00 invoice out to a customer. Square would not accept payment from card. What do we need to know or do to get this paid.

Pop-Pop’s Gourmet Popcorn

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I doubt the card is invalid, the customer is a well known university. The only thing I can think of is that there could be a per transaction limit on their card. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hey @Pop-Pops.  What do you mean by “Square would not accept payment from card?” Did they say the card wasn’t valid, that the cardholder’s bank rejected the transaction, or what?

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4

Best Answer

I doubt the card is invalid, the customer is a well known university. The only thing I can think of is that there could be a per transaction limit on their card. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

There is a limit, but it’s $50,000.  So that can not possibly be the problem, but yes it could be a limit from the cardholder’s bank.  If the card transaction processed and it was rejected, then the cardholder’s bank rejected it for some reason.  You customer will have to call their bank to determine why it was rejected, though.  You could try calling Square Customer Service and give them the transaction number for them to look into.  But their information will also be limited since they only know what the cardholder’s bank tells them when Square submits the transaction to them for approval.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 4