x
Square Champion

Does Billing Schedule in Contracts create a Subscription or where does it track?

Just discovered that if I select "Per Unit", in the Contract Billing Options, it reveals a Billing Schedule dropdown with frequency options (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, etc).  Does this create a Subscription or where does it show up.  How would I track & modify it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @BMarxMed

Square Contracts allows you to establish a written document between yourself and your customers regarding the business expectations. 

If you wish to create a subcription service you will want to use Square Invoices. Here is a overview guide. And this guide goes a bit more indepth. 

Is this what you are looking for? If not, or if you have additional questions, please let us know. 😊

Message 2 of 5
Square Champion

@BernadetteA I'm trying to upload a screenshot, but it's coming back "You do not have permission to upload images."

There is an area in contracts that has Add Payments and inside that box, there is a drop-down for selecting a Billing Schedule (frequency).  Can you tell me how that works?

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

I think you are looking at the section in Contracts where you can state how often the customer will be paying for the service/item(s). Are you using a template? Can you let me know if you are looking at this page on the Square dashboard? 

Message 4 of 5
Square Champion

New Contract -> Service Agreement/Create -> Add payment information (Radio Button) -> Select "Per Unit" box on top right -> Billing Schedule & Dropdown to select frequency is revealed.Screenshot 2024-01-04 161651.png

Message 5 of 5