x

How to add staff without an email or a phone number - for rental bookings

I'm the only staff member lol.  But I can multi task and I use Appointments.   I have a bait shop but also I rent items.   I have appointments to schedule an appointment for bait pick up.  Im a home based business basically and some customers book appointments so I know they are stopping by.

I also rent boats, however I have two boats.   Im trying to make each boat a "staff member" but the problem is it requires a distinct  email address and a distinct phone number to create that staff.  I need to create two staff member, i for each boat so each can be Booked separately for rental.  That's kind of a PIA.  I didn't need separate emails and phone numbers at godaddy, it worked flawlessly.  I also could over at godaddy  just require a non refundable partial deposit.

I understand the complexity square is trying to do, but sometimes I think they make it too complex.

Should i  just make a fake email using my domain and a fake phone number and just send the email notifications to the "owner" as a work around.  I really don't need to notify anyone on my "staff"

Jayme Miller
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

If I just make myself the staff that just does it all, then customers cant double book me.  My bait pick up time duration is 15 minutes, but my boat rental durtion is 8 hrs.  Someone books me for a boat rental it will wipe out my availability for the entire day. Plus they wont be able to rent the other boat.

This is why I need a workaround.  The distinct email/phone requirement is the problem to creating 3 sperate "staff"

Jayme Miller
Message 2 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Sorry for the delay here, @Castlebait 

I think I'm going to tag some Super Sellers on this post tomorrow since it's getting late in the day. Someone may have a work around to suggest for you.

As far as the email goes, could you use a alias email? That way it would still go to your main inbox.

I'll follow up with this thread first thing in the morning, but please feel free to @ me in a comment here if you do not see my next reply right away. 😊

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hello, amazing Super Sellers! If anyone has the time to check this post out, and provide input I would greatly appreciate it! 🙏🏼

@RashaadtheWise

@JUYBoutique20

@Smithward

@Minion

@HeroAir

@jjsmeatshak1

@keicollective

@DinaLRosenberg

@MudFire_Dex

Message 4 of 8
Square Champion

I think the best bet would be to create a gmail account or phone number for each staff member as a work around. 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 5 of 8
Square Champion

@BernadetteA @DinaLRosenberg we did this with different Gmail accounts so that 4 people could book at a time for new member appointments for ease in checkout with the POS

Deklan (Dex) they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 6 of 8
Square Champion

Hey there! I would recommend having each "Boat" or Item that can be reserved or rented as a "Service" This would allow you to book each of the boats and or services without assigning more than 1 staff member to each appointment. I tested this out in my dashboard and it works. See screen shot below! If you need further help Id be happy to jump on a call just shoot me message! 

Jacob - He/ Him
JJs Meat Shak - Co-Owner& Operations Manager
Supper Seller- Here to help! Just Ask!
http://www.jjsmeatshak.com
Message 7 of 8

Guess I never tried, so you are saying you can have a service without a staff member assigned to it.  I have each boat as a service.   

I have two emails and two phone numbers, so right now I have a "staff member" under each and one boat assigned to one of those "staff".

But that kind of limits me to only having two things to rent.  Trying to avoid double bookings of the service.  I guess having accounts for each staff works good for other businesses.  But I am the staff...lol

Jayme Miller
Message 8 of 8