x

Discount or Coupon Codes for Services - Square Appointments

Hi, we wanted to offer coupon or discount codes to our clients.

But there is no option for them to enter the code during checkout online.

Is there a way we could utilize codes and use during online booking?

It would be very helpful if we can have this possible during booking appointments online.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Stretch1 and welcome to the Seller Community  

This is one of our most requested features, and our team is working hard on making it possible. That being said at this time Services and appointments can only be discounted when completed via the Square Appointments application. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11

Thank you for the information that this is in the works. 

The Appointments Booking calendar is so useful because it takes the tooing and frooing out of scheduling and the customer can purchase right then and there. 

Having the ability to enter a coupon code will make this process so much better as offering a discount is something we sometimes want to do, but don't want to add to that discounted price the difficulty of having to schedule manually, or through another software.  Thank you!

Message 3 of 11
Beta Member

Really happy to hear that you are working on making Cupons and discounts finally available in appointments check out user experience!!! I hope it doesn't take too long, and we can implement it for Holidays season.

Message 4 of 11
Square Champion

I'm not sure about them entering the code during online booking but when we use Square Marketing and either email or send out SMS with coupon codes attached...each client gets a customize code that we enter for them when checking them out after the service is completed.  For example...we have an ongoing email that will be sent to clients who haven't visited the salon in about 3 to 4 months with an offer inviting them back.  When they come in...we do their service and they show us or give us the coupon to redeem before running their card.  Hope this helps out a little 🙂

Message 5 of 11

let's see if you guys can help me since square is incompetent.  i want to create coupon codes that can be entered at checkout.  I don't see items... only services.  clients book the service they need and make the appointment on my website www.listingpics.net.  

i just want a field where they can enter a coupon code like any other website out there.  i want to create coupon codes whenever i want for whatever discount i want and i want to be able to set expiration dates for those codes and if they can be used more than once.  

i have created discounts but there doesn't seem to be any way for someone to use them.   

any ideas?

thanks.

Message 6 of 11

I’m following as I have exactly the same problem! I don’t sell items, just services and appointments are made online. But my customers can’t enter a coupon code anywhere and automatic discounts don’t work either. I don’t want to have to go through every service and change it all so that I can put a deal on! 

Message 7 of 11

Following, I have the same issue. Square is really making it tough for seemingly simple service options...

Message 8 of 11

Hello @Stretch1 @chandlertarot, I appreciate you reaching out, and understand the business need for discounts with online booking. At this time it is feature request, I would suggest submitting this request on our Ideate Board. We will make sure to keep an eye on it and provide updates as they become available. Thanks for resurfacing this! 

Message 9 of 11

I really need this feature I've been waiting for this for 2 years now. Square is slacking and missing out on a lot of sales 

Message 10 of 11

Hey there, @WavySound 👋

At this time it is feature request. I would suggest submitting this request on our Ideate Board. Our product teams do keep an eye on this and see what our sellers are asking for. I know it can be frustrating when certain features are not available yet. 

Our team will provide updates on new features and products as soon as they become available 😊

Message 11 of 11