x
Beta Member

Client feature

Does square have an option for salons to keep color formula information with client information?

also being able to block certain customers from booking online.?

Message 1 of 4
2 Best Answers
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @Asax. While Square doesn’t have salon-specific features, the customer directory does have a notes section that you can use for things like this.  (See screen shot).  FYI, if you’d like to check out third-party salon-specific apps that integrate with Square, you can go to the App Marketplace and search for those.  You might find one that has this and other tools you’d be interested in.

To your second question, no Square does not have this yet.  It has been requested but I’m sure that designing this is going to be complicated.  Why?  Because blocking by email address or phone number can be circumvented by spammers just using a different random address or phone number.  Blocking by IP address can be gotten around by spammers spoofing their IP address.  Blocking by name just isn’t practical since any name can be entered.  Anyway, blocking online customers is not yet a thing in Square.

IMG_5162.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

Best Answer

You can definitly leave the information for client's color in the "notes" section under customer profile.  Helps us out a lot to just go in and view which tip size the client needs for their nails instead of having to go through the entire process again.

You can block a client from booking as well.  Go to "Customer Directory" in your dashboard.  There choose the client then choose the "..." in the top right.  The option should be there for you.  You're able to do it from a computer as well as through the appointment booking app.

Stacelyn24_0-1713207782215.png

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @Asax. While Square doesn’t have salon-specific features, the customer directory does have a notes section that you can use for things like this.  (See screen shot).  FYI, if you’d like to check out third-party salon-specific apps that integrate with Square, you can go to the App Marketplace and search for those.  You might find one that has this and other tools you’d be interested in.

To your second question, no Square does not have this yet.  It has been requested but I’m sure that designing this is going to be complicated.  Why?  Because blocking by email address or phone number can be circumvented by spammers just using a different random address or phone number.  Blocking by IP address can be gotten around by spammers spoofing their IP address.  Blocking by name just isn’t practical since any name can be entered.  Anyway, blocking online customers is not yet a thing in Square.

IMG_5162.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

Best Answer

You can definitly leave the information for client's color in the "notes" section under customer profile.  Helps us out a lot to just go in and view which tip size the client needs for their nails instead of having to go through the entire process again.

You can block a client from booking as well.  Go to "Customer Directory" in your dashboard.  There choose the client then choose the "..." in the top right.  The option should be there for you.  You're able to do it from a computer as well as through the appointment booking app.

Stacelyn24_0-1713207782215.png

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Asax, does @Stacelyn24 workaround work for right now? I do see your Ideate submission for this feature, if any sellers comes across this post they can add there feedback there. 

Thank you @Stacelyn24 and @TheRealChipA for your suggestions! You guys rock! 👏

Message 4 of 4