x

Feature Request: More Pickup Prep Time Options

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator for clarity.]

Hi,

I'd like to request that the team adds "10 minutes" as a pickup time interval. In a cafe environment, there's a big difference between 5 minutes of prep (too short when there's several orders) and 15 minutes of prep (too long when there's just an order or two).

Right now the options are: immediate, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hr, 1.5 hrs, etc.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 42
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

@AirPlay - Totally understand that prep time doesn't offer the ability to customize times. I don't have an exact ETA for the inclusion of this feature, but we're definitely working on improving prep time settings. We continually make changes and improvements based on seller feedback, so keep it coming! 

We'll keep you posted when there's info to share! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Alumni

Thanks for sharing your suggestions. Merging your post to a relevant board where other Sellers are requesting the option to customize prep times. We'll update the thread with good news once we get the green light. 

@TresLatinas

Justin
Message 22 of 42

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How to adjust the Pickup & Delivery time

I am having some problems editing our online stores with all of these changes. It doesn't seem like anything is working in my favor. We are a printing company that takes online orders. We do not have a specific time frame that orders will be ready for pickup. We always contact our customers when their order is ready. How do I adjust the Pickup & Delivery options to reflect that??

Message 23 of 42
Alumni

Hmm, this is a tough one since pickup orders require a prep time. The only work around I can think of is to set prep time wks out (max is 12 wks), then mark the order as Ready so your customer will receive a notification. 

Not perfect but we're still working on the pickup and delivery feature. @Soltis

Justin
Message 24 of 42

Is there a way of adding additional prep time when the order comes in? Some orders I get have 12 or so items and it defaults to the set prep time in settings. It would be nice to be able to add more time according to the individual orders.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Pho Nha

Message 25 of 42
Admin

Hello again @PhoNha - I moved your question to this relevant thread where other sellers are looking for a similar option. Our team is aware of this feature request, so we'll keep tracking it and share any updates here along the way.

nika
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 26 of 42

Is there a way to set up prep time according to order size? Like, when it just 1-5 items in this order, the 15 prep time is fine. But if it is 8-10 items for this order, can we increase the prep time in this case?

Message 27 of 42

I think it would be very helpful if we could either set a custom Pickup & Delivery prep time or just have more options. Right now it jumps from 5 hours to 1 business day which causes us an issue.

Currently, we presale a lot of our 4-packs for pickup and delivery. To avoid confusion with consumers on the presale, we set fulfillment timeline to 1 business day (they go on sale at 11 AM on Friday for pickup/delivery on Saturday) on the day they go on presale, and change it back to default one the "presale" period has ended.

Unfortunately, this seems to push the delivery time back a week instead of showing the delivery window for the following day, it shows it for the following Saturday. 

If we had an option for a 12 hour delivery & prep time, it would solve this issue for us. Honestly, even with the one business day setting for Pickup & delivery prep time I'm not sure why it's pushing it back to the following Saturday, because we have the "delivery estimate" time set on the low end at 1 minute.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

Message 28 of 42
Admin

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I've merged your post with an existing thread so we can keep all the feedback in one place. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding our online store. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 29 of 42

We are a restaurant and in our restaurant, it would take around 5-10 more minutes for a new order. I know that I can notify a customer when the order is ready but 15 and 30 minutes is quite a large gap for a restaurant. Sometimes customers can wait for food if it takes 15-20 minutes but not 30 minutes.

Message 30 of 42
Admin

@thaitastekitche I merged your post here, since this is a known feature request our team is working on. If we have updates, we'll share them on this thread.

nika
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 31 of 42

How are others dealing with times when you get slammed and pick up times are running way behind?  It seems like there used to be a feature to edit pick up times, but Square removed it in an update.  WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT SQUARE?

Short of making the prep time farther out, or limiting orders to fewer orders in your prep time window, is there anything else people are doing to deal with existing delays?

When you have 40 tickets in line and are running half hour behind, it's hard to call every customer.  There needs to be an EASY way to adjust pick up times on the fly.

Message 32 of 42
Beta Member

I run a meal prep service and I would like to be able to have a ordering time cut off.  Clients can order starting Sunday and stop ordering on Friday at a certain time for delivery or pick up the following week on certain days, ie, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

Message 33 of 42

Is there a way to set orders for every 15 minutes. I am aware of limiting the amount of orders (which never worked for us), but can I set the available time slots to every 15 minutes?

We seem to be getting orders at irregular intervals, for example, a pick up is scheduled for 6:15 and then another for 6:20. 

Even if the limiting did work, it makes no difference if a customer can select any time. 

Message 34 of 42
Beta Member

Hi. If you're not able to get this solved the way you want it, let me know. We're an official Square Partner and have a custom, white-label mobile app service for Square Businesses that has really easy and powerful pickup checkout options built in, with real-time Order Status Alerts, etc. 

Your Mobile App will basically allow you to set the Pickup Times to 15 min intervals and control "Order Cutoff" Times (both start and stop) for each day individually if you want. The screenshot below is just an example of how many easy features we have in our Checkout Flow that help.

curbside_pickup_square_mobile_apps.jpg

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 35 of 42

We can adjust our online order prep time to 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15, 30, etc. but not 20 or 25 minutes, which is our sweet spot. Is there any way to include 20 or 25 minute prep times? 

Message 36 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Molo,

I moved your post to an existing thread we're tracking for this feature request.

There's other sellers in here asking for the same time intervals as well. 

Ashley C
Message 37 of 42

@ashc @Seamus My original thread entitled "Please help! We need to be able to edit pick up times!!" was moved and buried in this thread.  Thanks for completely disregarding my concern. 

I see here that you're "working on" implementing more time intervals, which is also sorely needed... 20 and 25 minutes would also be the sweet spot for us as well  But being able to easily communicate via quick text with customers in queue when you're running behind is equally important. 

Prep time options will only help remedy things after the fact, but when you're already in a slammed situation, there needs to be a better way to remedy that. 

Message 38 of 42

Hello!

This is a feature request. Having the ability to have a prep time that is varied during congested hours would help with giving the customers more accurate time. If you need any clarifications please ask, thanks!

Message 39 of 42
Alumni

Thanks for adding to this feature request. I merged you to a relevant post to join others asking for the same thing. We'll update this thread when there's new info to share. 

@bigbrain

Justin
Message 40 of 42

Thank you Justin. Is there any ETA on this? It is quite crucial for the customer experience, and seeing this open from April of last year is a bit worrisome.

Message 41 of 42
Beta Member

Please please please provide an option to select "No Pickup & Delivery Prep Time" when configuring on online item. Many of our items can only be picked up on a certain day, but we are forced to set a "prep time" that we must reduce by one day every single morning. TOTAL PAIN. (And this is sometimes just impossible.)

OR, customers select a pickup time that has nothing to do with our actual available pickup time and then they are totally confused. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE at least give us a way to select "no prep time"  so we can do a work-around with modifiers (customers can then select a pickup date from a list of modifiers but they won't be confused by the Square "pickup time.")

It's been SO SO SO long and this is a HUGE pain for any business that offers items in advance for pickup in a certain window. WHEN IS THIS FEATURE COMING?

Message 42 of 42