x

Advice on book entering sales made through Grubhub into Square to interface with Quickbooks?

Best way to book sales through Grubhub, Uber Eats and Caviar?

At our cafe we use Square POS, which integrates well with QB online.  We also use delivery services from Caviar, GrubHub and UberEats. These services take and process the orders and deposit an amount net of Sales Taxes and a commission to our bank.  

Their deposits are weekly/bi-weekly, and I book the revenue by creating a sales receipt for the amount and matching the bank transaction import.

My issue is that this procedure distorts the daily sales.  Th only way to deal with it seems to be typing the delivery orders into square, but at their point, the value of the order does not show the net value (commission, fees tax) that will actually be deposited to my bank. Also I would need to figure the combination of orders that would be lumped into any given deposit.

Also, I would like to spend as little daily time as possible on QB and would like to avoid cumbersome multistep processes. 

Does anyone have experience with booking these transactions at quickbooks and POSs? 

Message 1 of 26
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Adding and Customizing Tender Options

@SandwichHag Thanks for your interest in Square! With the new Square for Restaurants app you can manage delivery an pick up integrations - including orders from Caviar. If you need to manage several ordering channels you can use the Chowly integration with Square for Restaurants.

This Support Center article has more informaiton about Delivery and Pickup integrations with Square for Restaurants, and this wesbite has general information about the Square for Restuarants app (available for iPads only at this time).

I hope this helps you to get started. Feel free to reply or start a new thread if you have any other questions! 

25 REPLIES 25

It actually does...under Reports > Sales you can see the total fees for the day

Message 22 of 26

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "I will be using Chow Now for our online ordering, how to cash those orders out, beyond "other"?" The author has been notified via email.

Im hoping i can use more than just the "other payment" to cash them out.  I already use "other payment" for a few other reasons and i would like a more specific form of payment for just Chow Now, so i can more easily balance the drawer for the day.  

Message 23 of 26

You can now integrate chownow orders directly with square. Contact your chownow account manager to set it up. I have a few hundred clients who use chownow for ordering and this feature was rolled out in January 2020 in a test stage but was fully launched this month. 

Message 24 of 26
Beta Member

I typed up these instructions for our Uber Eats tablet for our restaurant employees. I've gotten little to no instruction from Uber since signing up and have had to figure everything out myself. Now, of course, there's this issue of how to properly ring it into the Square register.

For the first $350 I've been applying a 100% "Uber Order" discount (because I think they're taking that to cover the activation fee??). I'm adding up the totals of my orders and once it reaches (about) $350 in gross Uber sales, I plan to switch the percent discount to 30% to deduct Uber's cut from each sale. This way (theoretically) at the end of each week, my Uber income should reflect the week's Uber sales in Square (rung in under "Other Payment Types (Note: Uber)".

There seems to be an extreme lack of instruction both from Uber Eats and Square, pretty unbelieveable since they've both been around a while.

Check out this method below and let me know what yall think:

Uber order instructions restaurants.png

https://docs.google.com/document/d/ubereatsinstructions

Message 25 of 26

Thank you SO much - this is extremely helpful! I think at some point this year Uber is going to work on being able integrate with some POS's because they do recogonize there's a discount between their tablet and their clients POS. Really appreciate all the info!

1 question -  how are sales tax tracked/ sent to the DOR with the Uber Eats sales?

Message 26 of 26