x
Beta Member

price change for same SKU

Sometimes the MSRP goes up on an item. If my inventory count is already at 0 I just change the price, no problem. But when I still have stock when items come in with the same SKU but at a higher price, I've solved it before by just adding a new variation and add maybe some extra numbers at the end of the SKU to differentiate. However, now that I'm trying to setup my online store front with Square+Weebly, this is getting to be a problem, because the Variation Name is the same for these. What are people doing to work around this issue?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hey @HauntedBookShop - It sounds like you're wanting to update your items' stock levels using the FIFO method - first in first out - so the new inventory batch is received at different unit cost.  If you're subscribed to Square for Retail, this functionality is built in by default, so there's no need to create a duplicate variation for the same item. 

To make the Weebly integration more seamless, I would start by cleaning up those duplicates so the inventory sync won't get confused. Head over to our Support Center to learn more about updating unit costs

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Not quite--the price is also changing. For example,

A Cool Book by Rad Author is in the system at 14.99 and my cost is 7.49. But then I'm receiving the same book and it's gone up in price to 15.99 with a corresponding new cost of 7.99. How do I account for that without making the new variation? The ISBN (which I use for the SKU) is the same.

And yep, this is Square for Retail.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Ah! Got it. Thanks for that. 

Hmmm, this seems like a tricky one, as there no perfect work-around for this. It may be best to contact our Retail Support Team to see if they have any ideas on how to remedy this considering the increase in both the unit cost and retail price. They may have some tricks up their sleeves. 

Feel free to loop back here if you care to share any learns that might help other sellers with this same issue. Keep us updated! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4