x

order online and pay in store

How can customer order online and pay once they are in the store for pick up? Has any progress been made on this?  I would like to use this as a workaround for another missing feature... I have client with many employees that want to order various lunch items from my website but want it all to be billed to a single credit card. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @hratchad

I don't have an update about this Feature Request, but once we have more information a Community Moderator will post a Product Update with some more information. 

Right now, the only workaround would be to possibly invoice the client - but it would only fix part of the problem. You would have to manually set up the pickup time or date with the customer. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Kassi, can you explain how that would work as far a invoicing the client? Can the client come in and order against a certain account and we can run an open invoice? 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Of course, @hratchad

You can send the customer an invoice directly, so they can pay it on their end before arriving to the store for pick-up. 

The customer wouldn't be able to have an open invoice to order against. An invoice would have to be created individually or you can create a recurring invoice (if the payments are the same). 

I've added some Support Articles with more information on Invoices. 

Invoices vs. Invoices Plus

Sending Square Invoices Online

Manage Your Square Invoices 

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions or anything else. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4