x

for any detailers, how do you have your items/services set up.

I have been playing with this for a week now, I'm not going to be live for a month or so. And I'd like to have this part laid out well. Square can't do what I want, which is to have services for my detailing packages, then modifiers for my add-on's. Square not allowing durations for modifiers would totally throw off my bookings as I'll have to manually caculate and change the total time on the calendar, a bit of a hassle but no real biggie.

I know all Detailers have their own syste,. I have a basic wash and 3 packages. And  I charge based off the size of the vehicle. Here's how I have it now

SERVICES:

1. basic

2. Silver

3. Gold

4. Platinum

I have price set to variable

and have set up  modifiers 1-4 just like my services, and each modifier has 3 options (small, mid sized, full sized) with the reflecting prices.

This seems pretty uncluttered. But, it doesn't have any of my a la carte add-ons. I have about 20 of those, some only apply to certain packages. Since I have 3 vehicle size prices and 20 add-on's, that's going to add up to a lot of things.

My idea is to make 3 modifiers, small/mid/full sized and put whatever add-on's go with that size under each. Then I just have to manually calculate the added time and edit the appointment booking to reflect the new time.   The down side to this, from what I've read on here. customers doing their own booking online can't add modifiers, so my whole add-on's wouldn't even show up for them.

Square recommended to make all the add-on's their own service, besides cluttering my service menu with close to 100 items, it would allow customers to possibly select things that they shouldn't be able to. Or book an appointment with just an add-on that shouldn't be selectable on it's own.  I cannot for the life of me figure out a usable workaround for this. My only idea's to use a 3rd party appointment booking site and just use Square for the processing portion. But, I'd prefer to do it all in Square.

I know there are detailers out there who have been using Square for a long time, so maybe one of you read this and can give me an idea how you have yours set up. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hey @Bighead951 -  I see what you're looking to do and currently there's not a way to restrict your buyers from only selecting an add-on as long as they're visible on your booking site. 

For now, it looks like you have the best workaround for setting up your detailing packages but I can see the set of  problems you might run into given this limitation. 

I've flagged your post to the Appointments Team so they make improvements based on your biz needs. I'll keep you updated when more strict settings for the booking site are developed. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2