x

Use Square Card Abroad?

The title of this thread has been updated from: "Square Card in Mexico"

I just tried to purchase something in Mexico with my square card and it was decline . Is my square card usable in Mexico or any other country other than the USA ?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I'm sorry your card was declined @MyTacoMan_com.

Currently the Square Card can only be used for purchases inside the United States. This wasn't stated in our Support Center Articles, so I'll make a request with our Content Team to update this information. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out! 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Champion

Square Card is only available to use in the United States currently.  I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the advertising, and it even says anywhere MasterCard is accepted in the advertising, but it doesn't currently work outside the US.  seems like something that should be added to the advertising @Tom to avoid issues like this.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Square-in-the-U-S-overseas/m-p/110877#M22096

Message 2 of 8

Best Answer

I'm sorry your card was declined @MyTacoMan_com.

Currently the Square Card can only be used for purchases inside the United States. This wasn't stated in our Support Center Articles, so I'll make a request with our Content Team to update this information. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out! 🙂

Message 3 of 8

Can I use my square credit card in south America 

Message 4 of 8

No, only inside the United States at this time

Message 5 of 8

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How do I get my square card to work for purchases out of the USA?" The author has been notified via email.

I am trying to make a purchase in China and my Square Card will not work. They do take Master Card and I have made purchases here before with my other biz card. Any tips how to make this work? Do I need to contact Square?

Message 6 of 8

Can l used square debit card in overseas

Message 7 of 8

I travel very often, and I thought that Square card would be accepted everywhere (since it's basically a mastercard debit card). However, I was in for a very unpleasant surprise when I realized Square card can't be used outside of US. 
Why is that - and are there any plans to make the card work internationally?

Message 8 of 8