x

Trade Show Hardware

We have a convention coming up and I was wondering what type of hardware has been used for trade shows to take payments and manage inventory. Any advice helps. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

HI, regarding other posts on conventions, fairs and trade shows, looking into a Wi-Fi hotspot as backup would be a recommendation.  

Solis Skyroam Hotspot is one I use, it is not locked to any service provider.  It roams to best signal.  It has helped a lot.  My AT&T was out for 24 hours recently but Skyroam worked beautifully.

Also, Moxee Hotspot, smaller, easier to carry in pocket, more GB for better price but service locked.

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

You can get away with a cellphone and a cardreader depending on what you are selling. If you want to scan barcodes I would recommend the Square Stand with Bluetooth scanner or Square pos

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

@Lootz ;

It all depends on what is available at the Trade show for you to use.

Do you have electric outlets you have access to, WiFi access at the show?

When I did a show, I took an Ipad with Square on it, a keyed Cash Drawer, the swipe reader and a Bluetooth tap reader.  I also had my hot spot on my cell turned on to connect the Ipad to since it only connects to WiFi.  If I do it again I would take my Square Stand in place of the tablet so I can use a handheld scanner for sales.  Since I know there are outlets there to use.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4