x

Selling my shop, looking for best ideas to transfer data and loyalty rewards to new owner

I know that square works off of a ssn so I can't just turn the account over, but I'm looking for good ideas how to share as much of the data (like, the handy charts and graphs) with the new owner. Also looking to seamlessly hand off the loyalty program so customers don't experience any downside to the sale. Any clever work arounds or ideas out there? Thanks, Alexis

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your post @OctopusCoffee! I've outlined what you can export and share with the new business owner below. 

• Items: You can export your item library to a CSV file and then the new owner can import that file to their new Square account. Take a look at this article: Transfer Items Between Square Accounts.
  • Reporting: You can export your Sales/Transactions reports but keep in mind the new owner won't be able to import those to their Square account. They could keep the reports for future reference though. Here's more information about Summaries and Reports available online.
  • Loyalty: Our CS team can help you to transfer your Loyalty program do the new business owner's account. You will need to call the team to initiate this (they need to verify that you as the owner agree to this) and our team will help with the next steps. Give us a call!
  • Customer Directory. If needed you can also export your current customer directory and share that with the new owner. From the Customers section of your Dashboard click Import/Export to download a list.

After you sell your business, I'd also recommend that you don't close your Square account right away (if you were planning to). As soon as you close your Square account you won't be able access your Dashboard, nor will you be able to call our CS team. It might be useful to be able to refer to old reports or to call in - just in case anything else comes up!

I'll keep an eye out for any other tips. If you have any questions reply here to let me know!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your post @OctopusCoffee! I've outlined what you can export and share with the new business owner below. 

• Items: You can export your item library to a CSV file and then the new owner can import that file to their new Square account. Take a look at this article: Transfer Items Between Square Accounts.
  • Reporting: You can export your Sales/Transactions reports but keep in mind the new owner won't be able to import those to their Square account. They could keep the reports for future reference though. Here's more information about Summaries and Reports available online.
  • Loyalty: Our CS team can help you to transfer your Loyalty program do the new business owner's account. You will need to call the team to initiate this (they need to verify that you as the owner agree to this) and our team will help with the next steps. Give us a call!
  • Customer Directory. If needed you can also export your current customer directory and share that with the new owner. From the Customers section of your Dashboard click Import/Export to download a list.

After you sell your business, I'd also recommend that you don't close your Square account right away (if you were planning to). As soon as you close your Square account you won't be able access your Dashboard, nor will you be able to call our CS team. It might be useful to be able to refer to old reports or to call in - just in case anything else comes up!

I'll keep an eye out for any other tips. If you have any questions reply here to let me know!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 3

Thank you so much for the details! Very much appreciate your help!

Alexis

Message 3 of 3