x

Restaurants: How do you cancel a credit charge during split?

I'm hoping someone can help me with this, because I've tried looking it up everywhere!

When my servers are running mulitple credit cards for one check using Split Check, if they accidentally run one card twice, is there a way to delete/cancel that specific trasaction without having to settle all cards that were run and refunding the whole check??

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello again @mwhite, thanks for your patience! 

To refund one card from a split check from the Restaurants app:

1. Navigate to Transactions.
  2. Locate the transaction that was charged incorrectly > tap on that charge.
  3. Tap Issue Refund.

If the guest is still present and you want to process that payment using the correct card, follow these steps: 

1.  Navigate to Transactions.
  2. Locate the transaction that was charged incorrectly and tap on that charge.
  3. Tap Reopen in the upper right >  tap Confirm refund.
  4. The check will repopulate >  tap Pay and use the correct card to process the payment. 

Note: If the guest has left by the time you notice the wrong card was charged then there is no way to process the accidental transaction using a different payment method. Our team is aware of this issue and are working to improve this.

I hope this helps but if you have any questions please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

@mwhite Thanks for posting this question in the Community. I've just updated this message because I'm actually going to double check with the Restaurants team. I'll post again as soon as I have an update. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hello again @mwhite, thanks for your patience! 

To refund one card from a split check from the Restaurants app:

1. Navigate to Transactions.
  2. Locate the transaction that was charged incorrectly > tap on that charge.
  3. Tap Issue Refund.

If the guest is still present and you want to process that payment using the correct card, follow these steps: 

1.  Navigate to Transactions.
  2. Locate the transaction that was charged incorrectly and tap on that charge.
  3. Tap Reopen in the upper right >  tap Confirm refund.
  4. The check will repopulate >  tap Pay and use the correct card to process the payment. 

Note: If the guest has left by the time you notice the wrong card was charged then there is no way to process the accidental transaction using a different payment method. Our team is aware of this issue and are working to improve this.

I hope this helps but if you have any questions please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 3