x

Quick checkout for Apple

How do I setup to do quick checkout on my Apple device? The options in settings are not there for quick checkout. Is it no longer an option?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Alumni

@Ajcrowe What do you mean by quick checkout? Are you looking to accept tap payments like Apple and Google pay? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 14

I am referring to a feature that is available on Android where you can select quick checkout as a payment option. You are able to set up like 3 or 4 set amounts and you just click those amounts and checkout. No need to enter a full invoice.

We use it all the time on a friends phone at our shows where we need to move quickly. But the option is not showing for my IPhone when trying to set it up in the same way. 

Message 3 of 14

Hello! Did anyone ever get back to you on the Quick Amounts option not showing up??

I am having the same issue! In the settings it lets me set up 3 quick payment amounts (which are supposed to pop up at the top of the number pad when it comes up), but at the cash checkout, the number pad pops up but non of the quick amounts are there. And , yes, I have the Quick Amounts toggle turned on.

This really helps speedy check out when you have to track cash payments. Need to figure out why it is not showing. I even deleted and reloaded the app on my iphone and on my android. rechecked all the settings and it still is not showing up.

Anyone? Need help quick! Thanks!!

Message 4 of 14
Square Champion

@DeniseORD ,

I am not sure about the Quick Amounts button, but what I did was created items with custom dollar amounts.  ie Sale 8 inch tappers .50, sale 10 inch tappers .75 and Sale 12 inch tappers $1.00.   I do not track inventory on those items and there are various brands in the bin that hold these.  Then I set up My Favorites Buttons that show these right on the Checkout Screen.  Maybe you can add something like that to help save time at checkout.  Even if you label the 3 Quick Amounts as the Dollar amounts you want to use ... ie Item name might be $1, $3, and $5 for example and then set those up as Favorites.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 14

Thanks Keith.

I do already have all my items set up with set $ amounts. The issue I am referring to is when taking a cash payment (for tracking and drawer amounts)…. When you hit CASH for a payment, a number pad pops up for you to type in the dollar amount the customer gives you. If you have QUICK AMOUNTS turned on, it is supposed to give you the option to have 3 preset money amounts to press vs typing it in everytime. 
I have the option turned on, and I have my three amounts created, but when I test it on a cash sale, the number pad pops up but the presets do not. Something needs foxed in the app is my guess.

Message 6 of 14
Square Champion

@DeniseORD ;

Sorry I was thinking you were talking about putting the Item amount in for the sale, not at the point where you are enter the amount the customer gave you in cash.  On my Square Stand I still have the quick cash amounts but on my android, it is just the enter $ amount customer gave you.  This might be an Android app issue...??  What system are you using to ring up sales, and which app are you using?  These things can help other Square users check their systems to help you with their settings.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 7 of 14

It is the regular Square app that you get from the app store. I ven deleted the apps and reloaded them! It is happening on both my iphone and my android.

The option is fully there in the settings! It is set up and ready to use, if it would only show up at cash checkout!

Message 8 of 14
Square Champion

I use the Square for Retail Free is what I have been using .... not sure if it is different that the Square POS.

But on my Ipad screen is the below picture.  I am using version 5.90 of square for retail.

IMG_20220518_153614.jpg

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 9 of 14

Fairly certain that is the same thing on my phones. 
Are there any Square technical people on this community to help with issues? 

Message 10 of 14
Square Champion

@DeniseORD ;

On my Ipad its a Aqua/Turquoise color for the icon. The White Square Icon is for the standard POS if that helps.  Also what version of the app are you using?  And no there are not techs on here you would need to call square. 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 11 of 14

I gave technical a call to see if they had a fix. After a few rounds of trying to explain what I was looking for, we determined that the pre-set payment amounts that were at one time there during a cash check out, are no longer there. He stated that sometimes things get removed when making space for updates, which may be the case here.

The way the "Quick amounts" currently works is only to add a price into the cart without having to create an item with a price in your library.

It was a great feature to have on the checkout screen, but it is gone!

Message 12 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @DeniseORD

I was troubleshooting this for you and found a hidden trick that should help you. While the quick charge amount is no longer there when you select Cash and the customer has given you the exact amount you can just hit the blue Tender button without needing to type in the exact amount they gave you.  This will complete the sale with "No Change Needed" 

I hope this helps! 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 14

Well thank you JJ! That is good to know! I will just need to be extra carful that I don't get into the habit of just hitting "tender" when the amount is not exact 🙂

Message 14 of 14