x

No "%" Sign On The Calculator on the "Point Of Sale" app

Hey everyone! This is Jessica from Jessica Crockett's Art Studio.

I want to say that I've enjoyed having Square with me and it's come really in handy when I have an 'In Person' sale. Here's what I've noticed. When I go into my "Point of Sale" app, I never realized or noticed until yesterday that on the caluculator where you manually add an amount, there's no '%' sign on it. 

Right now, I'm doing a sale on my Etsy shop and online customers can easily get 20% off of some of my artworks. I'm also planning a 3-Day Black Friday Sale for both my Wix website and my Etsy shop. With my Wix website, that's perfectly fine because I can add such discount. Where as if I had an 'In Person' sale during my sale from my Etsy shop, I wouldn't be able to give them a discount. This leads to my question. 

So my initial question is this. Why is there no '%' sign on the calculator if I wanted to give my customers a discount when I'm running a sale on said days? I don't want my potiential 'In Person' customers to miss out on the discounts like my online potiential customers would get. 

My only suggestion to make the "Point Of Sale" app better is to add the '%' sign on the calculator so the seller can give the potential 'In Person' customers an experience of getting a discount when said sale is going on. 

Thanks for your time. 

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

you don't use the keypad where you enter in the sale amount to give discounts or percents off, that is why there is not a % key.

here is an article on how to apply a percent off discount.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5362-apply-discounts

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Best Answer

you don't use the keypad where you enter in the sale amount to give discounts or percents off, that is why there is not a % key.

here is an article on how to apply a percent off discount.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5362-apply-discounts

Message 2 of 3

Thanks so much for this! It really helps to know that I can give my potiential 'In Person' customers the same discount as a potiential online customer. 

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3