x

Loyalty Program

I have the Loyalty Program. I’d like to know if it is possible to not include some sale purchases to the customers’ program points. If I have a huge sale of 40% off an item, I do not want them to also earn loyalty points. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Unfortunately at this time this would be considered a Feature Request. When they earn points per $ spent it earns even on discounted purchases. I did mention this as part of my Loyalty Program Improvement Request the other day because we engage in discounting and currently it's a mixed bag due to discounting and loyalty rewards stacking.

There is hope that eventually they'll realize retailers need a clean easy way to offer discounts alongside loyalty rewards to allow us to seamlessly use them without worrying about double dipping. The more people that speak up the more likely we are to eventually get results. Loyalty absolutely should not be earned on already discounted purchases.

Even the ability to exclude categories from loyalty earn would fix it because then you could move any discounted items to the excluded categories.

I hope this helps and feel free to chime in on my loyalty program Feature Request or create one for this particular issue. I'm not sure how strict they want each feature request to be even though they're separate issues but still part of the same program.

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 2 of 2