x

Kitchen order printer

We recently installed the kitchen order printer and love it. We have just one problem. Because we have only one register, when phone in orders come in we manually write them down and prepare them. When the customer comes in to pay the order prints a second time in the kitchen and it is prepared again. Is there a way to override kitchen printing on individual orders? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Kerrysss1! Right now we don't have a way to override the order ticket being sent at check out. Although I have an idea that might work for you.

Are you currently using Open Tickets? When you save a ticket it should automatically print out on the kitchen order printer. 

So flow wise it would look like this: customer calls in > ticket opened and saved > order automatically sent to kitchen printer > food prepped > select ticket for customer to pay > customer receives receipt. 

If you have questions please feel free to reach out to me! 

Message 2 of 7

Thanks! I Only have one POS stand with an iPad and during our busy noon hour I can't use it to input an order while there are customers standing in line. Is there a way I can use the app on my iPhone to input and save an order? 

Message 3 of 7

@Kerrysss1 I see! We definitely don't want to slow you down if you have a line.

Your iPhone should be compatible with the kitchen ticket printer. So you can create the ticket on your phone and send it to the kitchen. When the customer comes in for pickup you'll be able to check them out at the iPad or your phone since the tickets sync across all devices. 

If you still have questions feel free to reach out! 

Message 4 of 7

Thanks for all your help. I went ahead and bought another square stand with iPad to resolve my issue per your recommendations but now I cannot connect the second iPad to the kitchen order printer (Bluetooth). If I can't print orders in the kitchen the second stand is worthless. Is there anyway to connect the second iPad to the kitchen printer? I went with the printer square recommends for the kitchen hoping to avoid any issues. I can't image there aren't other restaurants out there with multiple registers and only one order printer in the kitchen. 

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

You will not be able to connect two devices to the printer via bluetooth.   In order to setup multiple register devices to one kitchen printer, you will need to use your wireless network and have a kitchen printer that will connect via ethernet to your network, or one that has wifi capability.  A direct connection by ethernet cable will be the most reliable.  I have multiple registers talking to one kitchen printer.

My setup:

~Kitchen printer connected via ethernet cable to our wifi router.

~2 square stands connected to kitchen printer through our wireless network. (If the printer is connected to router or the wireless network, the square stand should see the printer automatically)

In my situation, I purchased a 40 ft ethernet cable and run it along the ceiling to our router... I tried wireless, but it dropped a few order tickets so changed to the super long cable.  Works perfectly.

Message 6 of 7

What printer do you have? 

Message 7 of 7