x

Is there a way to add link of Google reviews to receipt?

The title of this thread has been updated from: "Review transfer"

Is there any way to put a link to my Google reviews from the receipt email or text? I did a test run and am wondering where the review goes 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Hi @FREDRED - To clarify, are you looking to add a link to Google reviews to your receipt? Or are you looking to sync your Square Feedback to Google? You can add the URL to your Google reviews within the Website section of your receipts. The latter is not an available option as Square Feedback is meant to be private feedback to you from the customer.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to provide more details on what you're looking to do and we can go from there.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

Just curious if there is any update on this. I would love to see this option also. Perhaps when customers leave feedback they have the option to allow it to post to google review or keep private? I know I wouldn't want all comments going to google reviews. Some customers use this platform to tell us about a problem or ask for more info. It becomes more of a conversation. Maybe an option to leave a google review when they select feedback.

Message 3 of 11

So it appears this is an available option in the receipts section. Unfortunately the SMS receipts dont have the LINK as a Clickable HyperLINK. 

The email Receipts do show it as a clickable Link. 

Most of My customers prefer the SMS Receipt. 

Any way to allow the Text Receipts to be encoded into a Hyperlink like the email receipts? 

Thanks

Message 4 of 11
Square Community Moderator

@Kennyls There's not a way at this time to edit the SMS receipt unfortunately.

That would be a feature request!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 11

Hi! Are there any updates to this feature request? 

Message 6 of 11

Any chance this will become a  feature? 

Message 7 of 11

Hey @spruce123 thanks for checking in here. 

We still don't have any news to share on this feature but we encourage you to check back in on this thread for future updates.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 11

I found this request dating back to 2016, 6 years ++ really, stopped reading after that. Is there a particular reason why Square is just not understanding the benefit to small business folks with getting reviews published?  With way too many years doing product dev and system development, could this not be a simple as:

1 - the current Square feedback option, as limited as it is, you provide a configuration setting where can either turn this on to share or not share.

2 - If we have enabled this to be shared then a pretty simple field added "url hyperlink" where we can put that in and or a wizard/widget/standard hyperlink widget specifically being Google and then the social platforms?

I did have one rep share with me that it was there, at some point, but was turned off to share as too many customers complained that they were getting bad reviews, well how a about those of us who get good reviews AND or work with our customers if we get bad reviews, just saying!

And if this keeps just sitting on the shelf where can we see your roadmap to better understand exactly what functions and features you are going to provide?

Message 9 of 11

Hi @sharon_moongate,

Thanks for adding your feedback to this thread. I understand your frustration not having an update on this feature request, and can appreciate how valuable the ability to share reviews would be for your business. After all, we all look at business reviews online! 

When it comes to feature requests our product team considers how long a given feature takes to develop, cost and customer feedback amongst other factors. Our roadmaps are not available publicly, as they frequently change to adapt to the needs of the business. 

While I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, we continue to advocate for all feature requests we receive, even though we're not able to promise if, or when a particular request gets developed. If you're curious, you can learn more about our process for feature requests here

Message 10 of 11

Arie,

Please forgive me for being blunt here, I did well over 25++ years in product and system development and fully understand how priorities are determined and the standard PDL that you may or may not be following.  

In short, my very first ask on this capability I was told that this option was turned off because Square customers were not happy with bad reviews, not sure if this was on for all which is my working assumption. All I am saying is that we would like to have this option made available to us as a customer at a very minimum to support pushing the review to Google OR the ability for us to insert a working hyperlink text link to get to google review page.

Just not very customer, much less small business, friendly.

Message 11 of 11