x

Irritating Lack of Feature

This morning I spent about an hour working on a purchase order. I received a phone call that turned out to be lengthy. I look at my laptop. I have been logged out of Square. My hour of work is gone. A basic feature to save work before forcing the log on sequence would be nice. This is not unusual coding. Yes, I should have hit save but that makes using the purchase order feature a bit more problematic. I normally just fill in the entire order then hit save and create. 

This is one of the many reasons I will be leaving Square next year. Others include:

Randomly changing my website's pick-up address which sent customers to my home rather than my store.

Items in square that disappear even though I know that not only did I enter them the day before but sold the item at least once.

Terrible how to videos. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @TheOpenEye 👋

We the team that develops and works on the Square Dashboard has been working on making improvements to the timeout setting and they were able to get the logout action extended from 30 minutes to 75 minutes. In this case it seems that this call may hace exceeded the allotted allowed time that your browser can stay connected to our servers and for this reason the session was terminated.

I believe what may be missing in regards to your request is an "auto save draft" feature. This is a feature request and I will make sure the right team gets some visibility on this case.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and expressing the need for a feature like this.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2